shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the owners of 2.5ctw plus eternity rings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
are they comfortable for everyday wear?

i''m currently working on this little project and needed some advice. the eternity band i''m planning to have made weighs 2.9ctw. planning for a shared prong setting in platinum. the ring will be made of 18 ideal RB stones (I checked each one idividually and i can see the little hearts & arrows on them, yum!
30.gif
), so the weight of each stone will be around 16points.

my jeweler have the 18 stones waiting for my instruction on what to do. my main concern is comfort. i know i definitely want a shared prong setting since i want the diamonds to shine all the way through with barely any metal visible.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
what about comfort are you worried about?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Milly, a 3 ct. eternity ring is going to be bulkier than most regular rings for sure. You really, really need to try some on and think about whether you think it''ll be comfortable or not. The stones definitely will need to be set as low as possible, similar to the Memoire setting. Otherwise, I think the thickness might bother me.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
hey dbm, i''m worried that the ring might poke me on the side of my other two fingers.

ds, i''ve definitely told me jeweler i want it set as low as possible. i just wanted to know how it''ll feel wearing those big eternity bands everyday.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
good point. :)

it''s funny when i first came into the business i had thought about eternity bands being naturally uncomfortable. when i mentioned it to customers of mine i always got the answer "the feel of larger diamonds can never bother a woman" :) so i kind of just shrugged it away and never thought twice about it again.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Milly,
Fwiw, I have one from SP that is 3.38tcw and it''s very comfortable. It''s shared prong, and I love it!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well, mine was a 2.3 and it was channel set--wore it for 20 years without ever really "knowing" it was on my finger.

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a shared prong eternity with emerald cuts. It is not the most comfy thing but I love it anyway! I just love that look. Make sure the prongs are smooth or it will snag on things which is annoying...

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
dbm, i think i''m probably going to feel the same way.
2.gif

kaleigh, if your huge eternity doesn''t bother you, i don''t think mine will since it''s smaller. i guess i better get started. i''ll have to call my jeweler on monday and get him to start. he said it''ll take about 3 weeks to finish. perfect time for Xmas!!!
36.gif

sharon, i know channel set is definitely more comfortable, but i can''t get away from the look of the shared-prong setting!
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2006 8:38:58 PM
Author: Milly
i know channel set is definitely more comfortable, but i can''t get away from the look of the shared-prong setting!
9.gif
HI:

I hear ya sister--the shared prong is my ultimate fav!! Good for you!

cheers--Sharon

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
thx diamondfan. i will definitely make sure those prongs are snag proof. that''s the current prob i have with my e-ring. it snags onto my hair and other fine items. annoying!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Milly, mine is 4.92 cts and I don''t even notice it any more. Sometimes I wear it on my other hand and I do notice it right when I put it on, but even that after a few minutes -- nothing! Funny though, when I post pics and go back and look at them, it *looks* like it''s uncomfortable, but it''s not.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Mine is 3ctw, 18 stones, shared prong and it is very comfortable. I wish I had another one to wear alongside it.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
you guys are putting my mind at ease about the comfort thing. i was worried that the shared prong setting might poke me. if that happened, i won''t be able to wear it everyday and i really do want to wear it everyday.
5.gif

alright, so i''ll tell him tomorrow and it''ll begin! Yay!!!!
36.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
My eternity ring has 16 stones that are .28 each. I we are it nearly every day and I''ve had it for about five years. SOmetimes I fall asleep with it because I forget that I am wearing it. I have never found it too bulky or uncomfortable and never had a loose stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results