shape
carat
color
clarity

CALLING ALL SETTING EXPERTS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lalaland

Rough_Rock
whats the difference between the lucida setting and the vatche x prong setting? thanks!
20.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I am not a setting expert, but I believe that the only difference between the two settings is that the "Lucida" setting is made by Tiffany, and the Vatche is made by D. Vatche... they look exactly alike though!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rumor has it that Vatche actually makes the Lucida setting for Tiffany - that''s why they look so much alike. The Lucida name actually refers to the cut of diamond that Tiffany puts in that setting - it is their unique, patented, can''t-get-it-anywhere-else cut.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I thought that I heard that somewhere!!! No wonder why the settings are identical!!!
2.gif

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi lala

I have both - the Lucida, my first e-ring and a Dvatche X-prong, my recent upgrade.

There is not much of a difference. Visually the two rings look a bit different, but it is because my Lucida is a 0.47ct square diamond and my Dvatche is a 1.55ct rectangular cushion. My inspiration ring was a rectangular Lucida I tried on at Tiffany''s. (You can see the photos of the rectangular on their website.) On my hand the Dvatche looks a lot like the Tiffany''s ring.

If I have time this weekend I will take some photos side by side and post them for you.

Maya

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
They look very similar to me!!

Here''s the Vatache:

Here''s the Lucida
engagement_lucida_rectangular2.jpg
engagement_lucida_lucida2.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, a jeweler told me that Vatche sold the license to the Lucida design to Tiffany''s - so Vatche designed it but it is just a teeny bit different from the Lucida b/c Tiffany''s now owns the rights on the exact design that they bought. I think.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results