shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Philly/NJ PSers: GTG?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I''ll be able to make it now - I''ll let you know by Friday.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
OK! I don''t think we''ll need a reservation, by the way, especially with a small group like ours.

And thanks, ladies, for the avatar feedback! It''s kinda weird not to see my giant ACA staring back at me from the screen.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t mind a more close up, focused shot of the rings to see the details though :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 9:19:42 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I wouldn''t mind a more close up, focused shot of the rings to see the details though :)

Yeah, but I''d need a new digital camera! My macro function is crapola...that''s just about as close as I can get without blurring too much.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have fun ladies, I am hoping to make it to the next one. Take lots of pics for us!!!
35.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Jstar, I''m short, 5''3", blonde hair, blue eyes. I''ll most likely be wearing flip flops, Bermuda shorts, and a tank top. See you at Penang at 1:00 ladies!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops...correction. I''ll be wearing a charcoal strapless dress, hehe, just got it today! I"ll still be in sneakers though, so it''ll still be pretty easy to spot me since most gals don''t wear sneakers with their dresses in the summer! hehe..

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 8:59:59 AM
Author: Lynnie
Capogiro sounds yummy!!!

Aww, I want capogiro and to meet you ladies too.
39.gif

MTG- Seriously, I should have stayed in Philly
2.gif
I am enjoying the hopper so far, though. We had gelato at Pitango over the weekend. It was good! But not quite Capogiro
2.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Icekid, we''ll eat some gelato for you
9.gif

BTW, I just got an amazing dig camera for my birthday with super macro mode
11.gif
31.gif
27.gif
which will be joining us if that is ok with everyone.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!!!

Icekid, come to Philly if you''re not working! It''s only an hour by train from Baltimore, and it''s easy to get around. You could definitely make the trip in one day.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure yet what I''ll be wearing, but it will definitely be casual. I''m short and brunette, my hair will probably be in a messy bun. Hopefully it won''t be too difficult to find each other!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have really long hair that I keep in a pony tail :)
Haha, I don''t think we''ll have much trouble finding each other! I bet I recognize Jstar''s wedding set on sight!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/15/2009 8:25:30 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 7/14/2009 8:59:59 AM

Author: Lynnie

Capogiro sounds yummy!!!

Aww, I want capogiro and to meet you ladies too.
39.gif

MTG- Seriously, I should have stayed in Philly
2.gif
I am enjoying the hopper so far, though. We had gelato at Pitango over the weekend. It was good! But not quite Capogiro
2.gif

I believe the popular place in Baltimore to get gelato (or any italian dessert) is Vaccaros in little Italy. Monday nights have a dessert buffet, so if you have a sweet tooth like mine, it''s AWESOME. It''s 13$ for all you can eat Italian goodies, you just order them and they bring them to you as long as you finish most of the last item you ordered, lol.

http://www.vaccarospastry.com/menu.jsp#monday

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 4:33:54 PM

Haha, I don''t think we''ll have much trouble finding each other! I bet I recognize Jstar''s wedding set on sight!

It''s not big enough to see without really looking hard. Hence the need for an upgrade some day.
3.gif

I bet I''ll recognize your ring too, as well as your lotus if you''re wearing it as a RHR! I''m getting so impatient for my lotus, btw...I have to keep on telling myself "it''s OK, Sally said 3-4 weeks..." And my Step 3 score didn''t come last week (boo!), so maybe the arrival of the score next Wednesday will coincide with the ring being finished. That would be kinda cool.

Also off-topic, but I don''t want to start a whole thread for it...what do you gals think I should wear to my friend''s rehearsal dinner next Friday? I''m a bridesmaid, so I figure I should dress up. The main wedding color (and the color of my bridesmaid dress) is a deep eggplant purple if that matters. It''s a formal church wedding but not a super-formal rehearsal dinner if I remember correctly. I was thinking of this little black halter dress that I bought a while ago but haven''t worn yet...I think it''s Evan Picone style Marilyn (Google image search it)...

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty dress, jstar!

I love the ruching (sp?
33.gif
) at the waist. If you wore that dress, what shoes would you wear with it?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 7:53:08 PM
Author: princessplease
Very pretty dress, jstar!

I love the ruching (sp?
33.gif
) at the waist. If you wore that dress, what shoes would you wear with it?

Well, the idea with wearing black is that I could just wear my bridesmaid shoes and not have to bring a 2nd pair of heels to Baltimore, where the wedding is. They''re BCBGirls black pointy-toed stiletto pumps. Pretty basic.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Another choice would be this awesome dress from Georgiou studio that I actually have in a beautiful coppery color. But the catch is that I''d have to bring my matching heels, and I''d rather not risk breaking them in transport!

http://www.georgioustore.com/d336w8l.htm

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Are you driving or taking the train to Baltimore? If you''re driving and space isn''t an issue, I love the Georgiou dress...but the black one is also pretty and it''s always helpful to have less to pack, especially if you''re taking the train. Either way, I don''t think you can go wrong
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I''m probably sticking with the black dress, but just wanted to make sure it would be OK for a rehearsal dinner...sounds like you think it will work! As for transportation, I''m taking the train to a friend''s house just outside of Philly, and then getting a ride from there. I may or may not have to take the train back to Philly. So I think I should minimize the stuff, right?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always like to pack as light as I can!

And yup, I"ll be wearing my lotus! It''s a small little thing though, if anything my most visible piece is my jade bangle. But we''ll be in China town, so it won''t stand out as much as usual :razz:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wahoo!
I''m excited for tomorrow''s GTG! It''ll be a nice treat to get to talk jewelery and gems with people who are also into it, and don''t look at me like I''m a nutcase
9.gif

See you at Penang''s!
I''ll try to stay for Gelato, it depends on how fussy my fiance gets about me leaving him alone all day, lol. Sigh, men are so needy
3.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I love the Georgiou dress, but if you''re trying to pack light, I''d stick with the black dress so you can use the BM shoes with the dress.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! Can''t wait!

I love the Georgiou dress too (especially in metallic!), but I think the need to pack light is outweighing the need to be fabulous. The black dress is pretty fab in its own right anyway. I''ll bling it up with some diamonds.
11.gif

Hey Madam Bijoux, did you find out if you''ll be able to make it yet?

MTG, just do what I do...leave the man in a different city. Although that comes with its own share of issues.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Jstarfireb.

I won't be able to make it
8.gif

I had a temporary crown on one of my back teeth, and it broke in half. I was hoping I could get the permanent crown put on before Saturday, but the dentist won't be back from his vacation until Monday. I have to be very careful about what I eat until then.

Hope I can make the next get together.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madam Bijoux,
Sorry to hear about your tooth! Wish you could make it! Maybe next time?

Oooh, and my spinel pendant came in so I'll be bringing it. I can't decide how to wear it, hopefully you girls can help me out!

So excited for yummy lunch and eyecandy, and meeting some awesome ladies of PS!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Woo hoo! Gelatos and Gem day!! See you girls later! MTG... FI can''t be too mad if you bring him home a gelato
27.gif
!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 6:24:15 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Date: 7/16/2009 4:33:54 PM

Haha, I don't think we'll have much trouble finding each other! I bet I recognize Jstar's wedding set on sight!

It's not big enough to see without really looking hard. Hence the need for an upgrade some day.
3.gif

I bet I'll recognize your ring too, as well as your lotus if you're wearing it as a RHR! I'm getting so impatient for my lotus, btw...I have to keep on telling myself 'it's OK, Sally said 3-4 weeks...' And my Step 3 score didn't come last week (boo!), so maybe the arrival of the score next Wednesday will coincide with the ring being finished. That would be kinda cool.

jstar- I like the lotus possibly coinciding with your step 3, officially licensed doctorhood
2.gif
I have not trained it between Philly and B-more yet, but I think I will have to give it a try. Hate 95
29.gif

MTG- We'll have to check out Vaccaros. Apparently this Pitango place is THE gelato place now. People are arguing on yelp about if it is better than Capogiro
20.gif

Maybe I'll take the train into Philly for the next gtg! I need to spend some time with hubby this weekend, because during the week I do nothing but sleep and work. Have fun today ladies
36.gif
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
MB- Sorry you are unable to join. If anyone sees this before they head out, I have to leave around 3. I got a call from my boss this morning asking me to come in at 5.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a great time, everyone! I wish I could be there. I'll think about you while I'm slurping up my mush.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about your tooth, Madam Bijoux! Hopefully you can make it to the next one.

I had a blast meeting you and looking at all the awesome bling. Princessplease took pics with her new mega-macro camera...looking forward to seeing them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results