shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all pear owners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having a hard time finding a pear. How long did it take all of you to find your pear. I did have a look at one that had a LTW of 1.55 at a B & M store and preferably didn''t want to deal with them. I went then online vendor route and it has been virtually impossible to find 1 with such tight specs in a si2. One vendor has found me a pear with 1.50 ratio but from the initial picture it looks too short and fat. How can that be with such a small difference in ltw...I guess the depth/ table % all make a difference.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi sparkles. I happened upon the pear, but it took a year to get it at the price I wanted to pay. I remember looking up pricing here and th pickings were slim. Maybe you should think about an SI-1?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had mine for 11 years now (my original engagement stone)...I remember the thing that drew me most to the shape was that you just didn''t see many of them around. My husband found mine at a mom and pop B & M and I know that he had not been looking very long. Still to this day I very rarely see a pear floating around. Good luck, I wish that I could be more helpful!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys.

I started another thread with an ideal scope image of the possible contender.

I sometimes think ignorance is bliss. Without all this knowledge I would have bought from a B&M store, got ripped off and would have gotten and okay stone and been none the wise.

Now, it has taken me so long to make the decision of actually getting a pear to start to search for one. I thought it would be easy. Many would be contenders have been discarded. Its not that easy....

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
I would go looking at estate jewelry, newspaper ads, pawn shops.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just commented on the IS thread. Sometimes you can get lucky, but it can take awhile to find the right pear. I find it hard because patience is not my best attribute. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results