shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mount pleasant boy

Rough_Rock
I''ve been reading the web site, but haven''t contributed yet. I am considering buying a diamond for an engagement ring. What do you all think of this diamond, including its value?

Weight 1.51 carats
Colour F
Clarity SI1 (eye clean)
Table 55.3 %
Depth 66.1 %
Pavillion angle 40.9 degrees
Crown angle 34.8 degrees
AGS Ideal/ideal/ideal
Price $12,600

Thank y''all!

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Is it a round brilliant?

Cause if it is that baby is DEEP!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Mount Pleasant Boy (you're not by chance from Toronto, are you?)
1.gif

Have you made a slight typo in entering the depth? Might want to double-check that.
1.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi There,
Its overpriced. The depth is terrible at 66. You might as well buy a 1.15/1.25 ct stone cause that 1.5 is going to look the same size.
sad.gif

You mentioned you were checking out the website so go do a search or check the tutorial before you commit. Try to keep the depth to about 62 if you can. The rest of the #'s on the stone are nice. :)
I have a 1.55 SI-1, G. :)

Judy
:)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Canadiangrrl, I thought he might be from Toronto too. hahaha Then I wondered, well, there might be other places in the world called "Mount Pleasant".

Judy

mount pleasant boy

Rough_Rock
Yes, I'm afraid I did - the depth should be 61.1 %. The pavillion depth is 43.2 %.
The stone is a round brilliant. No fluorescence. H&A.

No, I'm not from Toronto. Different country altogether!

Thanks for your opinions!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THATS different now! The stone seems like it would be a winner.
appl.gif
The cost seems a bit high. Did you find it at at B&M? My SI-1, G, 1.55 was $2000 less than the one you're looking at. I know its one colour grade lower, but $2000! Remember, you still need a ring to put it in.
tongue.gif

What country are you in? England?

Judy

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
Spicollcpa-
Sharp eyes! No wonder you can see at the bottom of the sea...

Godenringlets

mount pleasant boy

Rough_Rock
Yes, I'm in England, but I was born and brought up in Zimbabwe. Mount Pleasant is a neighborhood in Harare.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Judy Judy Judy, we have the only Mount Pleasant that truly matters. And sadly, Mount Pleasant Boy, typos are not permitted on this forum. I am afraid you will have to resing your mebership.
2.gif

The stone seems a tad overpriced, if you're quoting in USD, but the proportions are nice, and F/SI1 is a lovely combination.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone sounds lovely and the price sounds decent as well. For a 1.5c stone, you may be overpaying a bit. There are comparable ones online for around $11k.

But, I say if the numbers check out (they look good), and your eye loves it, get it!
1.gif
Yes it may be a little more, but at that price range, if you find a great stone, you may not want to quibble, esp for an offline B&M (which means markup) purchase.

mount pleasant boy

Rough_Rock
1.gif
Thanks for all the feedback. I probably will get this stone, but I'd welcome any other opinions.

Sorry about the tyops!!

MPB

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Canadiangrrl, he should leave shouldnt he?! haha Mount Pleasant is the new Rosedale.
9.gif

I got my stone through Jan/Brad at Diamond Brokers of Florida (diamondbrokersoffl.com) They may not have a stone right in house, but they'll find you one no doubt about that.
appl.gif

Happy Diamond Hunting.

Judy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results