shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Fancy Shape Owners

What is the shape of your e-ring center stone and why did you choose it over a RB?

• Emerald or Asscher

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other - please explain

• Cushion or Flanders

• Oval

• Marquise

• Heart

• Trillion

• Old Miner or Old European

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
I chose a pear over a round because my fiance preferred a very traditional, plain solitaire and I wanted something a bit different.  Our compromise was to get a plain band but a less common shaped diamond.

When we got engaged, I had never heard of the idea of a jeweler swapping a stone when sizing a ring or repairing it or whatever.  It wouldn''t have occurred to me to take the possibility into account when choosing a diamond.  But now I have read about other people''s fears, I''m confident that no jeweler is going to have a 1:1.37 (ie fat) pear CZ just lying around ready to swap into my ring.  It''d be much easier to wait for a customer with an easy-to-copy round diamond.

1.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I think I voted months and months ago, but now I''ll explain!

FH got me a pear because it looks awesome with the setting he picked out. Could you imagine this with a RB or princess??? I don''t think so! 3/8ct (0.375) pear center with accent RB (1 or 2 points).
(Sorry, I''m completely obsessed with my ring and had to post more pictures of her!!!)

RingCollage1234567.JPG

RingAndChristmas2004-117small.jpg
JCJDpear2.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
JCJD! I was hoping you''d post pictures here, so I''d have the perfect opportunity to ask you...what are you doing for your wedding ring to go with that awesome pear e-ring design??? Is it going to be a V shape that dips into the area where the accent diamond is? Do tell!!!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the hijack!!

Until we have cash for a pave half-eternity band
18.gif
, I''ll have a 2mm satin finish plat comfort-fit from Signed Pieces - ordered it on Monday! You can''t really tell from the pics, but flat bands sit flush against the shank and the accent''s prong, so there''s just a tiny little gap around the diamond, which I LOVE!! I''ll definitely post pics somewhere when I get it in!!

7702.jpg

Actually, we had one jeweler suggest a custom band to fit the ering, with 2 diamonds that dip into the space around the ering accent, but I want to be able to wear the w-band alone sometimes.

ouatic

Rough_Rock
I wish I had a picture of my ring. its a trillion cut. I just really like different things and I had only ever seen 1 other trillion cut and it was a crudy diamond and badly cut. But this one is wonderful. and the setting it is is really shows it off. My right had diamond rind has 3 princess cuts. I almost got a princess cut when I got my wedding ring but the deal I got on the trillion was too hard to pass up and I couldn't get the ring out of my mind so I guess that I had to get it.

Jody (ouatic)
3.gif

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
I have a princess cut e-ring. I wanted something different from all the RB''s everyone has, but after seeing all the different settings here it makes me want one for my RHR or some earrings. My mom was in shock to see the princess rock, since most vietnamese tend to only want rounds. I think I''m the only one of my relatives with a non-round ring. It makes me spe-cial! hehe
19.gif

Picture035.jpg

cobaltgirl

Rough_Rock
I went in to the store with an open mind, the princess cut was the only one that really jumped out and yelled my name (which is funny since my name is Sarah and Sarah actually means princess lol). None of the other shapes could compare. I recently tried more on, in way bigger sizes than I have and the princess was still the only cut for me. :D

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, when I was 21 and engaged for the first time, my fiance gave me a 1/2 carat RB...I loved it at the time, but when I met my husband, I didn''t want another RB because I wanted something different. We couldn''t afford much, but the 1/3 carat Marquise looked like a carat to me! Since I''ve gotten older (we''ve been married 10 years...I''ll let you do the math!), my eye has been moving towards the Emerald Cut...I
30.gif
the clean lines and the step cut in the light!! I am so excited because my husband finally bought me one for our anniversary and I couldn''t be more thrilled!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I have an oval now. My first e-ring was an rb but I''m starting to only like them for pendants, earrings, and eternity bands. Exceptions are deco halo designs w/rb centers, still love ''em.

I chose it because I liked the look on my hand, the length of the oval diamond. It echoes the shape of my finger nails. I also liked the subtler sparkle.

The crazy thing is that oval was my original choice for my first e-ring but I chickened out because I kept reading how the rb has the ultimate light play.

Now I realize that there are other desirable qualities in a diamond!

I''d love an EC one day!

rovcollage.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
My pear e-ring, H color, 1.51 ct. My husband just gave me the asscher this past weekend for our anniversary. I love fancy shapes instead of RBs because I always thought RBs were too common. I never wanted to have a RB because everyone else had one. I wanted to be different.

pear4123.JPG

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
The asscher with trap sidestones, 1.58 ct., H color, VS1 clarity.

asscher2435.JPG

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Another of the asscher.

asscher4566.JPG

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Another--can you tell I''m excited about my new asscher?!?!?!

asscher6759.JPG

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops, sorry if these are gigantic. I love my asscher!

asscher6798.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results