shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all experts

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I'm searching for a friend and found these 2 so far. Would greatly appreciate any advice. Also she is looking to set with baguettes. Is there a certain proportion for baguette size that would be best to pair with a 3 carat? She wants to go 2.5 ct round but is a tall girl and I feel she would regret it.

LG623436909

LG623436902

Thanks for any help!!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
It will help everyone if you could also post the dimensions/angles and videos. That way people can just glance at the information and give you an opinion (vs having to do independent research on the web). I'm sure you'll get some great help here!

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
OK, sorry, that makes sense.

1. LG623436909
table: 57
CA 34.9
PA 40.8
Depth 61.4
Crown 15%
Pavillion 43%
CW 3.02
Adiamore price 2269

2. LG623436902
table 57
CA 34.8
PA 40.8
Depth 61.3
Crown 15%
Pavillion 43%
CW 3.03
Adiamore price 2278

They are very similar in proportions. Was hoping the videos might show one being better than the other.

Thanks again!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the material quality of the first one better. They are both decently cut, though not super ideal cut level.

What is your budget? I found this beautiful stone.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Agree with Kim N - first one appears to have better material quality and optics, based on the videos.
...and the one she found looks to be one that needs to be heavily considered, if budget allows.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Adiamor now has prices that rival Loose Grown Diamond! Love that first one. Love @kim N’s pick!

(I’m the peanut gallery that chimes in after everyone else has done the heavy lifting lol!)

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
I like the material quality of the first one better. They are both decently cut, though not super ideal cut level.

Hi Kim....thanks for your help, I've seen stones you pic and really respect your insight.
The video of the stone you found is beautiful.
I believe their budget is around $3400, for best stone close to 3ct. The setting she chose is $1490 from clarity.com

https://www.withclarity.com/product...2DXYvx1f6VLO_j0yJgWy9JGAXywjxlbgaAquJEALw_wcB

and they want to be at $5000 total.
Clarity.com does not seem to have good cuts or good pricing. But she changed her mind from baguettes and now wants this setting and it seems to be only at clarity.
Thanks again!

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
Agree with Kim N - first one appears to have better material quality and optics, based on the videos.
...and the one she found looks to be one that needs to be heavily considered, if budget allows.

Thanks DejaWiz,
Totally respect all advice you've given in the past. Just so I can learn more, why is material on first better than second? And as Kim mentioned, neither ideal cut?
I'm fascinated with this now that I made a mistake with my MMD and would like to help my friend not make same mistake.
Thanks again for any help!

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
Here is the gorgeous diamond I found earlier.

And here's one that's cheaper. I think it's cut a little less precisely, but it's also a bit tilted in the video which is throwing off the symmetry.

Both diamonds are designated H&A in the reports.

Hi Kim,
Not sure how you see such subtleties....but first is beautiful and in their price range. Can't thank you enough!
Hopefully won't be taken by time I can show them tomorrow, as most you post just disappear!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kim,
Not sure how you see such subtleties....but first is beautiful and in their price range. Can't thank you enough!
Hopefully won't be taken by time I can show them tomorrow, as most you post just disappear!

I went ahead and deleted my post. I recommend editing yours to remove the links or deleting it.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DejaWiz,
Totally respect all advice you've given in the past. Just so I can learn more, why is material on first better than second? And as Kim mentioned, neither ideal cut?
I'm fascinated with this now that I made a mistake with my MMD and would like to help my friend not make same mistake.
Thanks again for any help!

The material on the second diamond you posted shows some graining. Both diamonds have a couple areas that could be more precisely cut.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s the graining I saw on the second stone. Maybe this will give you a sense of what we look for.

Your friends are lucky to have you!

(ps - I’m still learning, so if any expert has notes about my “graining” calls, I’m all ears!)

IMG_7273.jpeg
IMG_7272.jpeg
IMG_7271.jpeg

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
I went ahead and deleted my post. I recommend editing yours to remove the links or deleting it.
Hi Kim,

I'm not sure how to edit to remove links or delete post.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kim,

I'm not sure how to edit to remove links or delete post.

You can report your own posts and request that a moderator remove the links. I think there's only a 45 minute edit timer on posts.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi again Kim,

Thank you so much for your help. They bought the 618430609 you recommended.
I can't wait to see it!. You all are great on this site.

Glad to hear that they were able to snag this one!
Droooooool!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again Kim,

Thank you so much for your help. They bought the 618430609 you recommended.
I can't wait to see it!. You all are great on this site.

You're very welcome, and I'm so glad they snagged it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results