shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all experts (I need some advise)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aggie

Rough_Rock
I recently posted my ring, inspired by scott kay. I love it, ofcourse, but there is just one little problem. The prongs on the two side stones are not identical. Though the diamonds are both .20, because one of the diamond's prongs are bigger and the other is smaller, it looks as if one diamond is bigger. I told FI to call the jeweler and ask if this could be fixed and how long it would take, but the jeweler said that he really doesn't like to play with a finished ring and that you cannot expect it to be perfect because it was made by hand not machine. But I DO want it to be perfect and especially for the amount of money it cost, and plus it just bothers me because it is always there in the back of my mind. My FI says its not noticible and I shouldn't risk damaging the ring or weakening the prongs.

What should I do? Should I insist that the jeweler shave down the prongs, or is it too risky?
original link https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-engaged.33588/

prongs121454.JPG

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It is bothering you and they should fix it.

It''s not right to say that something hand made cannot be perfect. Several people here have had their prongs changed or adjusted.

I think the jeweler just doesn''t want to bother.
29.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Patty, kind of sounds like the guy doesn''t want to take the time to make it right. It really shouldn''t be a problem. I would insist that he fix it or take it to someone who will. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely go get it fixed. It''s YOUR ring and YOU have to 100% happy with it. Sounds to me this jeweler is a little lazy....
20.gif

Good luck...!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Definitely get it fixed. Otherwise it will just bother you every time you look at the ring.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
you pay too much of your hard earned money to get a lazy job. This is what quality control is supposed to catch.......... Get it fixed!
21.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Aggie, it looks noticeable enough to me! I agree with others, your jeweler is being lazy and he should take more pride in his work than that. Plus I don''t think shaving down two prongs is all that difficult for a skillful bench jeweler....but I could be wrong..

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t take no for an answer - his responsibility is to make you happy. It is a lovely ring and you don''t want nagging dissatisfaction hanging over your head.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone else-your jeweler should have to fix it! It is noticable and it CAN be perfect (although it doesn''t seem like you''re asking for perfecton, just symmetry, which at the very least is to be expected.)
Good luck, stick to your guns and be prepared to explain exactly how it should be (i.e. which side you like more)

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
All the prongs can be fitted/shaped better and it is not a large job. The hesitation is not warranted. I expect it will need to be re-plated but that is just part of commen customer service. Sorry you are having this problem.

Phillip

stevefromny

Rough_Rock
that is a very beautiful ring.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I agree with you I can see just what you mean. If the jewler wont fix it tell him you will take it somewhere else and send him the bill.

Aggie

Rough_Rock
YEAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got my ring back, its all fixed and it looks perrrrrrfect! I''m so happy now
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I can rest easy....... Thanks for the courage guys, I would have never done it without you.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhhhhhhhh............ It''s a good feeling when you KNOW your ring is "just right".

Congrats..... I''m so glad you went for it and got it fixed. You may sleep peacefully now.....
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that it does look a little different and it should look completely symmetrical. It would bother me too. I say get it fixed. I talked to my jeweler about your problem and he says it shouldn't be a big problem to fix it. I think your jeweler is just lazy or doesn't want to admit he didn't do it right (I don't know if he made the ring or not) in the first place. You deserve to have it perfect. After all, you paid for it!

ETA: Boy, I must be totally behind! I didn't notice the posts about the ring getting fixed.. Good for you!!! I hope it's perfect now and I wanna see some pics~!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh please post the perfection pictures!
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you - now let''s see some ''all done'' pics!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Good job. It''s always best to stick to your guns in a situation like that. I am so glad it worked out for you. New pics, please.

Shay

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh Aggie, I am so happy for you!!! Where is the picture!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Come on, we want new pics!!!
31.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad it all worked out & think you should post new photos to celebrate
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results