shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Diamond Gurus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kizor

Rough_Rock
I have been searching for a very long time now and need some honest opinions on these two diamonds please.

1ct 1.05ct
F F
VS1 VS2
Depth-61.1% Depth-60.9
Table-54% Table-55%
G-Thin G-Med
C-None C-None
Ex/Ex Ex/Ex
F-None F-None
Diameter-6.52 Diameter-6.68
Cr Angle-34.2 Cr Angle-34.2
Cr Height-15.1 Cr Height-14.7
Pav Angle-40.9 Pav Angle-41
Pav Depth-43.1 Pav Depth-43.1

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Numbers for both diamonds sound excellent
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yea... numbers look good except for the diameter measurement on the 1.05ct which I think is a typo on your part.
2.gif

From this point I would want to see an optical analysis on the 2 as variances on both the major and minor facets can affect the precision of their optical symmetry as well as their light return. Numbers are good but they do not tell the whole story and can affect each stones value.

Peace,
Jonathan

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Very good job!
appl.gif
appl.gif

As Leonid and Rhino have noted, the stones are both beautifully cut. If I had to choose on the paper, I'd get #1... Can you get additional data and tests?

kizor

Rough_Rock
I can't figure out how to transfer data to this web page. Both diamonds are from barry's site. I was wrong about ct...1.01 item # 1784 and 1.08 item # 1725. If you get a spare moment I would really appreciate the help.
wacko.gif
Hope it is ok to use the vendors name.

http://superbcert.com/products/index.cfm?Product_Group_ID=1&Product_Category_ID=3&Product_SubCategory_ID=3&Sort=Carat_Weight&Start=1

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
They both look amazing. I would definitely go for the 1.08 over the 1.01? Why? Because the diameter is larger, its cheaper and the Bscope results are better. The IdealScope images don't look that different. I would definitely go for the bigger stone for the less money. Find out more about the girdle though, is it thin all over or just in a place or two. That may not be a huge deal--depending on what Barry says. What does Barry think about the choices? His opinion could be a tie-breaker as he has the stones to see in person.

Did you consider this one:

http://superbcert.com/products/index.cfm?Product_ID=402&Product_Subcategory_ID=3&Product_Category_ID=3&Product_Group_ID=1

Its a few hundred cheaper than either of the other two if $$ is a consideration. The plot is slightly more messy on the GIA cert, but can you see anything in the magnified picture? NO!
1.gif

Plus the Bscope results to me are better than the 1.01, white light and fire are almost off the scale, while scint is similar to 1.01.

kizor

Rough_Rock
Greta choice Mara
wacko.gif
I also liked that one. In fact, you bring up a good point about the b-scope results. My reason for not picking that one was based on the messy GIA results as noted. Maybe I am being too critical. I appreciate the suggestion. I asked Barry's opinion and he doesn't want to push me to get one over the another. He likes all of his rings...hehe...as he should...they are all very nice. I wish I could see them in person.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, now that I see these additional details, I'd choose the 1.08 too. Looks bigger, better light performance and last but not least, it's a bit cheaper.
The thin girdle is no big deal.
1.gif

What about the setting?
1.gif
2.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
and believe it or not, you CAN see a difference between 1.01 and 1.08. i didn't think i would see a difference until i held two diamonds side by side and you can actually see the difference between two stones as far as size is concerned...even if it's only a couple of hundredths of a carat.

i think you'll be happy with either but i too would choose the bigger one. sounds like a good bargain.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Out of all three (the two kizor posted and the one I added on), I still choose the 1.08.
1.gif
But all are surely verra purty. Good eye. Oh and you WILL see a visual difference between the 1.01 and 1.08 as 69 said!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results