shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all Diamond Experts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maximus23

Rough_Rock
Thanks Diamondseeker ,,, i think $6-6.5k for the stone would be great....

Do you think these options that you have mentioned would represent a better buy than the 90 pointer that ellen recommended earlier?

Also which one would you go for?

Max

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the stone Ellen picked out if that was your price limit. But I think most of us would rather reach the 1 ct. mark since there is little difference between an F and G.

Let me look more closely at the ones I just posted to see if one looks better than another. They are all great cuts, but I''ll check diameter.

Maximus23

Rough_Rock
Thx Lady Pirate

would ideally like to stay in G and above color

M

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first two I posted are almost identical. I''d probably go for this one if it is totally eyeclean just because it is a few dollars less than the other that size:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3946/

If it''s not, I''d go for the WF stone that has the least inclusions.

Maximus23

Rough_Rock
Thank D.S will check is there much visual difference between f and G?... M

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. They say you really cannot tell one color difference side by size. You might could tell an F from an H, but not always.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 8:58:01 PM
Author: Maximus23
Thank D.S will check is there much visual difference between f and G?... M
Some people swear they can see the difference between and F and a G, but I would hazard that the vast majority could not tell the difference, even if they had the stones right next to each other. Here is an awesome tutorial on color from GOG: http://www.goodoldgold.com/4Cs/Color/DiamondColorimeter/ but nothing beats seeing IDEAL cut stones in person to determine your color preference. In realy life, all most people see when they see an ideal stone is "sparkly", unless they look at the pavilion a lot. In a 1 ct stone in a tiffany-type solitaire, you won''t see the pavilion much, so this may not be a problem. I am not very "sensistive" to color and couldn''t see the difference between a G and a J--well, you can see a difference, but not enough for me to spend an extra $2500 for the same size stone, KWIM? I actually love the ivory color that some diamonds get in the I-J range. You have to make your own choice about color though. Have you seen stones in person, or has your lady expressed a preference?

DD

Maximus23

Rough_Rock
she seemed to lean more toward whiter stones.... i initially looked at d colors only but one visit to Tiffany''s changed my mind in search of a better deal above 85 points P.S she has really tinf fingers also....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a 1.40 G, and I have never even seen a hint of color. A G is safe, yet more affordable. (in a well cut stone!)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

If she likes "white" stones (an ideal cut H will also look white), then she may like knowing her rock is and "F" and not lower--kind of a "mind colorless" thing. And if she has tiny hands, then a 1ct will look huge, which is great! Most people don''t know anything about clarity, so save your bucks on that and get an eye clean SI1... you had a few options that were in the F SI1 range, call the vendors and see if they''re eye-clean, bingo-bango you are done!

DD

Maximus23

Rough_Rock
Thanks DD will get on the phone now and see whats ? going to check diamond seekers options

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For that matter, Jonathan will take you some pictures of the .9 F stone and the 1.0 G stone side by side and let you see the difference in size and color. Of course, he'll be the best judge of the color since he can see them in person. You know your gf best. Would she be more excited to have an F under a carat or a G over a carat as long as both looked white? My stone from GOG is low G/high H, and while I personally prefer to go no lower, I am totally satisfied with the color. I'd also ask him about how eyeclean both stones are from all angles.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results