shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all dentists- bling question (hands, not teeth!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
So a friend (of my friend HJ) of mine is a pediatric dentist and is in danger of being proposed to. The dentist in question isn''t a blingy girl, she doesn''t really wear any jewelry to speak of, but her FFI would like to give her a ring and has enlisted HJ to go shopping and get an idea of her likes/dislikes.

HJ in turn asked me because 1. I''m a jewelry whore. No, it''s Ok, I already know. and 2. because I too have worn sterile gloves daily for the last umpteen years for work and have a ring designed with that in mind.

My impulse is to tell her try bezels and maybe 1/2- 3/4 eternity bands since if she doesn''t even want an e-ring, maybe a one-ring-to-rule-them-all type band would be a better choice.

So you dental geniuses, what are your rings? Are prongs really an issue? Have your gloves been victimized by your bling?

Comments? Suggestions? Salient witticisms or bright ideas?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
This is also open to non-dentists, friends and lovers of dentists and anyone who''s recently been to the dentist.

Or anybody with an opinion, just help!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 1:59:05 PM
Author: mercoledi
This is also open to non-dentists, friends and lovers of dentists and anyone who''s recently been to the dentist.

Or anybody with an opinion, just help!

Having just taken my DD to the dentist, I couldn''t help but notice that her dentist had the biggest diamond studs that I''ve ever seen in this town. I couldn''t tell you what her ring looked like, but those studs - SHAZA-AM! The other dentist who owns the building also has fantastic diamond studs - again, couldn''t tell you what her ring looked like either. She is a friend of a friend, so I''ll have to ask her about ring practicality when I see her next!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
not a dentist but if she doesn''t want an e-ring, he shouldn''t get her one. however, i really like that the observant among us have offered what i think is an ideal solution: get her some really great diamond stud earrings!

mz

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! My dental hygenist doesn''t have much in the way of jewelry either, but my gyno has a tdf emerald cut with tapered bags.

MZ- I agree with you about her not wanting an ering. All of my data is coming through HJ, and it sounds like the fiance-to-be is at least interested in looking, but in all honesty she may very well be a wedding band only kinda gal. I said as much, and was still asked for help so, yeah. Hence the thread.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a dental hygienist and I have a prong set 3 stone ering and a prong set five stone band. I wear gloves every day with no problems. I can''t see any reason a ring would get in the way. Its not like I have my fist in their mouth.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
studs for an e-ring and a wedding band! not a bad combo......maybe someone will listen to you?

mz

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
MZ- How about one engagement stud and one wedding stud? Or would that just be awkward in between?
2.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Not a dentist, but I wear a low ring (just to show I am taken) to work that would be okay if I took off/lost - I wear gloves every day and have had holes poked in gloves in the past. Too risky IMO to place oneself at risk (even if a low risk - why risk it?) for potential transmission of an infectious disease from saliva.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recall a guy on here buying an e-ring for his girlfriend who was a dentist. She insisted that she didn''t want more than 1 ct., but his budget was $20,000. So he got her a D IF 1 ct.! I really think the friend needs to find ut exactly what she wants!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results