shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling All Cut Nuts and Vendors..Opinions on Following Cut Style

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well when browsing through the net after talking with a friend I came across this site and would like the Cut Nuts on the forum along with everyone else to take a look at the site and tell me what they think of these 2 particular cuts of diamond which this company is touting.../www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

I have attached some qoutes from the site and was wondering if anyone in the industry at a trade show or convention has actually seen one of these patended stones in person..../www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

It should none the less make for some interesting conversation...Let me know what you guys think..... Click on link below…./www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

http://64.4.14.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=cc61dbbc69ec8e45c57dd9b9fefc5a42&lat=1061044738&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2echarlotteandtipit%2ecom%2fgl%2ephp%3fcat%3dglflcontext

”Freiesleben

Both of the forms have been patented word-wide. The Spirit Diamond was certified as having a considerably higher degree of reflection compared to a perfectly cut brilliant./www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

The spirit diamond's special form has verifiably increased the brilliance of the diamond. A scientific study by the renowned Fraunhofer Institute confirms the improved reflectance of the Spirit Diamond compared to the closest brilliant diamond. Spirit Diamondis clearly ahead of the best brilliant. The ideal crystal of natural diamond is a double pyramid, the Octahedron, found only once among one hundred thousand rough diamonds./www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

The cut of the Context Diamond changes the natural form only minimally, so that total reflection of light is achieved.”

I also wonder what the overall appearance of these stones are for light return to the viewers eye versus some top ranking hearts & arrows stones...
/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>
-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska /www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>
9.gif

finaltemp.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
from this picture the crown and pavilion angles are about 21 and 41 degrees
spirit3.GIF

here is DiamCalc simulation for a diamond with 0.4% table and 21 and 41 degrees crown and pavilion angles.

spiritdc1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Now if I lower the crown angle to 11 degrees it will be even more fun. Don't look at the "table only" data because there is no table
1.gif

spiritdc2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
The fascinating thing is their term "light reflectivity." Notice in their chart that an ideal RB scores lowest. I suspect that when they say "reflectivity" they mean how well light reflects. In that case, lots of long, flat planes, as this diamond has, would create a greater mirror effect--the way an EC does. So, you'd get more light bouncing back, but you wouldn't get prismatic fire or scintillation.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hest88,
----------------
The fascinating thing is their term "light reflectivity." Notice in their chart that an ideal RB scores lowest. I suspect that when they say "reflectivity" they mean how well light reflects. In that case, lots of long, flat planes, as this diamond has, would create a greater mirror effect--the way an EC does. So, you'd get more light bouncing back, but you wouldn't get prismatic fire or scintillation.
----------------
Sergey used to say for it a while: Light Return doesn't equal Brilliance.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Roughly speaking if you multiply contrast and light return you get brilliance.
Because the contrast is low, so too is the brilliance.

Yes the reflected light would be quite effective. GIA chose to ignore this in their studies - they called it glare - and this was one of their fatal flaws in their study.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Good thing is that you shouldn't worry about "Nail Head" since there is no table in this cut
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results