shape
carat
color
clarity

Calligraphy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know how to do calligraphy? How long does it take to learn a really simple font?

I don''t think I''m going to want to pay for a professional, but I think it would be nice to have my envelopes and placecards written in something other than my usual chickenscratch.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
It''s fairly easy and you can teach yourself! It doesn''t take very long at all to learn simple fonts. Just repeat the letters or words a few times to make sure it looks the way you want. There are books or online sites that you can look at in order to get an idea of how to do it. All you would need to do is buy the pen. I have been doing calligraphy since I was about 9 or 10 when I took a class on it. It looked pretty good even at that age, and it improves the more you do it. Be aware though, when you''ve been doing a lot of writing sometimes the writing starts to look sloppy because your hand gets tired, so take it slow! If you have any more questions I would be happy to answer them!

*M*

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Poptart,

Do you have a good beginner book to recommend? What sort of pen should a beginner purchase?

Thanks!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't use a book for the calligraphy since it was a class, but I could look online and see what looks good. As for the pen, they all basically have the same tip, but come in varying sizes. So you have to choose the size of the writing you want, and the books also have a little tutorial on the different pens, too, from what I've seen. Do you just want a book for basic calligraphy, or do you want one that covers basic to advanced calligraphy?

*M*

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
If you have time, you could also take a calligraphy class at your community college or adult education center. That''s where I picked up my calligraphy.
5.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I learned calligraphy in middle school as an elective course and I loved learning it, I do it a lot even now. As a lefty it was tough, but I hold the pen and paper correctly and can do it without smearing the ink. It is a lot of fun to do. There are probably high school''s that have adult ed or you can go on line and get a calligraphy set with a guide book...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results