shape
carat
color
clarity

Cake Topper Help. Driving Myself Crazy!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fleur

Rough_Rock
I really could use your help/suggestions. We are getting married May 23rd (OMG we''re less than 2 months!) and plans are coming together nicely except......I''m really having a hard time finding anything I like for a cake topper.

Wedding details: very small wedding (about 25-30 people.) Ceremony to be held outside in a lovely garden courtyard of a local restaurant. The restaurant used to be a house so it''s old and charming. Lunch reception to follow inside. We are both avid wine lovers so the "theme" if you could call it that is vineyard/wine kind of thing. The cake is a small 3 tiered cake with butter cream icing overlayed with a fondant "lace" which has grape clusters in the design. It''s beautiful. Cake will be sitting on a silver cake stand embellished with grape vines and grape clusters.

I have been looking for something that carries that theme through on the cake topper but I''ve not found anything that I love. My FI thinks he''s hilarious by suggesting I stick at wine bottle stopped on the top. Yeah, I''m still going to marry him!
2.gif

Would love to hear any ideas you may have. Thanks so much!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
The detail on the 'body' of the cake sounds beautiful enough on its own- I wouldn't put anything cutesy or themed at the top to distract from it. If the cake and detailing are all white/ivory, what about fresh flowers in colors that coordinate with the decor?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Something like this- simple, elegant:

vineyardcakepic.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
What about a small, stylish sprig of grapes on the vine?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s some teensy grapes

vineyardtheme1.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
something different...

Personalized Acrylic2.jpg

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Another something different....I know it doesn't fit your wine theme, but DH and I had a "heart" theme at our wedding. We got our cake topper from Macy's (Heart Cake Topper). I think hearts go with everything, so maybe it could work. Tons of our wedding guests said that they liked the fact that it wasn't traditional bride/groom figurines.
1.gif

Here is a picture of it:

_DSC0136a.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I was gooonna say grapes, but if they''re elsewhere on the cake, perhaps having them on the top is overkill.

I like the idea of a simple, color-coordinating flower.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
If you have embelishments on the sides and bottom of the cake, you don''t necessarily need a topper, but maybe a small thing of grapes/vines would do?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about mininture wine glasses with your initials on them that look like they are toasting? You probably would have to have a glass person
make them. Themey - yes...too themey? I dont know. I think it would be appropriate if you guys are really into wine.

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. I do like the initials and the hearts. I have a friend who''s really crafty doing my flowers so I''m not sure if she can do something for cake top but the pictures were really pretty. Love the idea of the wine glasses--very cute!! Great suggestions. I''ll let you know what I end up doing.

Fleur

Rough_Rock
I finally decided to consult the woman making the wedding cake. She''s going to make sugar (gumpaste) grape clusters for the top. Since she''s making the cake I trust her to make the topper compliment the rest of the design. So nice to check another thing off the list!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Great news, everything little thing off the list is a load off hey?

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Honey, you got that right, girl! I don''t know how I let myself believe a "small wedding" would require very little planning. Even with 25ish people there''s still lots of details and decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results