shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD's for stacker / wedding band...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh that looks fantastic! I like a 'chubquise' so i would leave it as is, but if you dont seems like you could go longer.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
I can see how elongating/skinnifying (nice word) the marquise would give it more definition....meaning you would really see the pattern and shape of the different stones. Pretty band...I like your idea!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it as it is! :appl: Are they putting rounds in the marquise sections or actual marquise? Because if they are actual marquise, they would have to be the shape of the stones they have. I think when they use rounds, it's not going to look right if the marquise shapes aren't chubby. So I am thinking it may be difficult to change that.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
DS, yes they will be using actual marquis - I didn't want rounds used.

I can always ask them and see what their reply will be. ;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then the bezels definitely have to be made to fit the marquise stones they have found. They may have limited choices for well matched marquise melee.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I love it just the way it is! :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Perfection! I wouldn't touch it!!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! That is going to be stunning!! I can't wait to see more pictures!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! I can't wait to see the finished product. :bigsmile:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I like the skinnier marquises like on your inspiration piece, but I agree with the previous statement that it may be limited by the shape of matching melee they have. It looks beautiful though, and I love that you are using actual marquise stones instead of rounds!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I think it looks good how it is but I can see the original stones are ever so slightly longer, so possibly slightly longer but only by a little bit... Are you planning on putting on millegrain? I have seen a similar band that had millegrain and it just finished it off, unless you are going for a more modern look... I also think it's possibly the original had it because its quite worn in the picture.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb1|1367466142|3438573 said:
Hi,

I think it looks good how it is but I can see the original stones are ever so slightly longer, so possibly slightly longer but only by a little bit... Are you planning on putting on millegrain? I have seen a similar band that had millegrain and it just finished it off, unless you are going for a more modern look... I also think it's possibly the original had it because its quite worn in the picture.

No milgrain as my other rings don't have it... so keeping this one similiar, classic and clean.

I am giving the "go-ahead" today for the ring!

It will be made in platinum, 3/4 eternity, 12 rounds and 7 marquis', VS clarity, H/I colour and approximately .42ct.

So excited! :bigsmile:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, going for the sleek modern look - that works too. I can't wait to see it!!!!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
How long is it going to take to make? I am dying here waiting for pictures lol

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
FancyPantsSparkles|1367504842|3438728 said:

Approximately 2 weeks! :bigsmile:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
two_little_birds|1367505464|3438736 said:
FancyPantsSparkles|1367504842|3438728 said:

Approximately 2 weeks! :bigsmile:

Not too terrible, actually! You need to post about 25 pictures...you know, because we NEED them!! ;-)

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and I also decided on the chubbier stones - like the CAD's. As they will be ideal cuts.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is making your ring?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
That's going to be beautiful!!! can't wait to see it finished :appl:

eta- I keep meaning to tell you how much I love your avatar- every time I see it- it makes me smile. =) Also, any time I see rings or something with 2 little birds on it I think of you, too (so funny since I don't even know you-lol). but I ran across this ring on Etsy the other day and thought- I wonder if "2 little bird's" saw that? - call me crazy!

il_39.jpg

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1367509984|3438795 said:
Who is making your ring?

I'm keeping that a secret for now :naughty:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1367510253|3438800 said:
That's going to be beautiful!!! can't wait to see it finished :appl:

eta- I keep meaning to tell you how much I love your avatar- every time I see it- it makes me smile. =) Also, any time I see rings or something with 2 little birds on it I think of you, too (so funny since I don't even know you-lol). but I ran across this ring on Etsy the other day and thought- I wonder if "2 little bird's" saw that? - call me crazy!

I have seen that ring on etsy and love it! I would like it without the heart though, I'm not a heart person. It's perfect for me since our last name is Bird. :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your band is going to be STUNNING!! I love the design and I like how the marquis look - just as they are! (I always think of Bridget Jones and Mark Darcy telling her he loves her 'just as you are ... wobbly bits and all'!! :bigsmile: )

Its lovely and I like that you are keeping it plain just like your ering. Very excited to see it finished!!! 2 weeks you say?? hmmm... tic toc!!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1367544215|3439172 said:
Okay! I was curious because I had been interested in this one and would love to know of a less expensive but high quality option:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/05PP1/

DS, I contacted 4 vendors to get a quote. IDJ, ERD, and two etsy.com designers. One vendor said they couldn't find any marquis', one vendor said something similar, one vendor quoted me $1950 (and took too long to reply), and the vendor I selected quoted me $1200. Again this was based on 950 platinum, 3/4 eternity, VS clarity, H/I colour and approximately .42ct.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
two_little_birds|1367603634|3439709 said:
diamondseeker2006|1367544215|3439172 said:
Okay! I was curious because I had been interested in this one and would love to know of a less expensive but high quality option:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/05PP1/

DS, I contacted 4 vendors to get a quote. IDJ, ERD, and two etsy.com designers. One vendor said they couldn't find any marquis', one vendor said something similar, one vendor quoted me $1950 (and took too long to reply), and the vendor I selected quoted me $1200. Again this was based on 950 platinum, 3/4 eternity, VS clarity, H/I colour and approximately .42ct.

You'll post who is making it after it comes in, right?! That is an AWESOME deal and I would love to put this on my 'to buy' list :)

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Late to the party, but I love the "chubquises" :D It looks like your rounds were bigger in the CAD than in the actual inspiration piece. So they are very well proportioned. Can't wait to see the reveal!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
FancyPantsSparkles said:
You'll post who is making it after it comes in, right?! That is an AWESOME deal and I would love to put this on my 'to buy' list :)

Yes of course! ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results