shape
carat
color
clarity

CADS for my spinel ring!

kt

Shiny_Rock
My spinel project has been going on for a loooong time - I actually wanted to do a different ring with DanielM but couldn't find a spinel that I liked (original one had a big white dot in the middle of it). Then I found this pinkish/orangey spinel that I LOVE and thought I'd try to a halo...got a LOGR setting that wasn't inexpensive and was just WAY too delicate for my lifestyle, so I decided to go the custom route with Daniel. Sent the stone right after the hurricane and nearly had a heart attack as it took almost a week to get there (when I used Priority!)

So, Caren just sent me the CADS and I LOVE it - it's exactly what I pictured. I don't go for super ornate designs (and in fact I am a little nervous still about wearing a halo!) so I got a rose gold halo, want delicate claw prongs, and white gold shank for versatility. I was thinking of seeing if I could make beveled lines on the shank, but not much more decoration than that...Any other thoughts?

spinel cad 4.jpg

spinel cad.jpg

peach pink spinel 2.jpg

peach pink spinel.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad your stone finally made it. I rather like the simple clean lines as it is. How thick is the shank? Have you considered having the shank taper a little more (where the split portion joins up) to smooth the transition?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty spinel and it will look amazing in your ring,

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love halos with plain shanks! Can't wait to see it!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It it a combination of W/YG? Looks beautiful!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is going to be a beauty!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that will be just gorgeous!!! I wouldn't change a thing.

kt

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

It's a rose gold halo - Caren convinced me after she and Daniel saw the stone (vs. just the photos) and believed that the rose gold would make it pop more than a white halo (my original plan). And the shanks are white gold. I'm not sure the total width, i will have to ask, but it's not a super thin ring, which was my original concern with an LOGR halo. i'm not sure i'm going to taper the "v" as I'm kind of liking it as is, but i've asked that they make the "split" line go all the way around the ring so it really does look like two lines of metal joined up and then splitting apart as they get close to the setting.

Other than that, I think it's a go! Very excited - my first DanielM ring! I have a few projects lined up that I'm looking to have him do - including a multi-color, multi-shape sapphire cinch bezel necklace!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kt|1316656021|3022575 said:
Thanks everyone!

It's a rose gold halo - Caren convinced me after she and Daniel saw the stone (vs. just the photos) and believed that the rose gold would make it pop more than a white halo (my original plan). And the shanks are white gold. I'm not sure the total width, i will have to ask, but it's not a super thin ring, which was my original concern with an LOGR halo. i'm not sure i'm going to taper the "v" as I'm kind of liking it as is, but i've asked that they make the "split" line go all the way around the ring so it really does look like two lines of metal joined up and then splitting apart as they get close to the setting.

Other than that, I think it's a go! Very excited - my first DanielM ring! I have a few projects lined up that I'm looking to have him do - including a multi-color, multi-shape sapphire cinch bezel necklace!

I think that's a fabulous idea. In that case, are you going to round the edges?

kt

Shiny_Rock
I haven't decided yet...I'm waiting to see revised cads but if Im thinking if I do have the line go all the way around I may round the edge....but I must say I'm really liking the simplicity of the design so the stone is the focus.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The spinel is lovely and I think the ring design is beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results