shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs for my 8-1/2 ct unheated sapphire from Ivy & Rose

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or, only partially open. (Please forgive my cut ‘n’ paste mock up on this version.)

24CCBE66-55C2-4C4B-AD9D-246CFC76DD4B.jpeg F3F3AF57-A9F1-4C84-9A7B-55CE88119841.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well shoot -- I didn't realize those were going to separate on two pages. I can put them up again so they are on the same page if anyone wants.

I have to confess the totally open version kind of snipered me! I didn't realize the angled parts on the side by the band would be open too. I'm actually not opposed to that, but my hesitation is if anyone thinks the metalwork would be visible or cast shadows (for lack of a better word... ?) in some weird way.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ok kids, we’re down to the nitty gritty!

The basket will be higher up toward the girdle, so that part is taken care of.

Now I need to make a decision abt the openness under the caddies.
3F4BA993-54D1-470F-8381-0FAB7BE6CC4E.jpeg 67361EF1-507D-4E0B-ACC2-5D13A0781642.jpeg 79EE2069-00E0-4496-8B8D-AE4B8BEA92AD.jpeg

I like this one! I like it a lot.

998eb9ab1e0912e40ba1ad875eb7675d.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not like the gallery design under the cadillac. I prefer the the modifications you made but I wonder if the design could be more specific to the area re: modified to be a left/ right similar version rather than just a direct copy.
Can you clarify what you mean about the girdle? In this cad it does not meet the girdle? Does the cad not reflect the sapphire correctly or are you saying it’s been raised higher - though not al line way?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMY, it's kind of growing on me... !

Niel, the version at the bottom of the last page (which you also see in IMY's reply if you expand it) and again at the top of this page shows the basket higher up. The view straight on from the band perspective on this page is from the old CAD, but I used it to show the solid angled parts. I decided I didn't want the rail to the very girdle because I don't want to see it when I look directly down at the stone, so it is now raised from where it was and go just under, but not raised totally to, the girdle.

The open design has me stymied. I actually do like the part directly under the caddies, but it's the angled part I'm struggling with. The reality is I wonder if it will ultimately matter at all. I mean, it is a tiny piece of something that's already small. If it would be visible in any way I want to figure that out, but if it's just a matter of seeing it from "outside" then it becomes less of an issue for me either way.

Do you think it will be visible "through" the stone? Does that question make sense??

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful design, but I think a euro shank might help it twirling on your finger, as it seems a bit top heavy.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful design, but I think a euro shank might help it twirling on your finger, as it seems a bit top heavy.
TL, I hadn't really considered that -- thank you! I generally have my rings made in a 6, which is a little too big, and then use a spiral thingy (can't think of what they're called at the moment... ) to stabilize them once the ring is past my knuckle. I will give this idea some thought though!

Reactions: T L

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Hello @Dee*Jay Any updates on this please?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ean! Ilya said it shoudl be ready next week!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results