shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD's are in!! Input appreciated.

adstark

Rough_Rock
Finally recieved the CAD today and would appreciate the people here to point out any possibe changes that they feel should be made before approval. I have some things in mind but will wait to hear other peoples opinions.

_188.png

_8390.jpg

cad3.png

cad4.png

adstark

Rough_Rock
more

cad5.png

cad6.png

cad7.png

cad8.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well my initial thought was that the beaded rounded area on the shank might look nicer if it came to a rounded point at
the bottom. I'm having a hard time reconciling the beaded side area and the smooth bezel. Feels like something needs to
be done on the bezel but not sure if milgrain would be the right thing.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1375210303|3493202 said:
Well my initial thought was that the beaded rounded area on the shank might look nicer if it came to a rounded point at
the bottom. I'm having a hard time reconciling the beaded side area and the smooth bezel. Feels like something needs to
be done on the bezel but not sure if milgrain would be the right thing.

I totally agree - that's the first thing I noticed. I think I'd like it more if it was a full bezel with milgrain instead of the semi bezel, it's like the sides are vintage and the semi bezel is modern.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Admittedly I'm not the best at design concept and don't even really speak the language but I'm ok with the smooth bezel, but wondered about adding additional beading the the under carriage (the part that will sit against the top of her finger) of the ring. the smooth part of the shank wouldn't bother me as it will be hidden between her fingers and unseen for the most part. Super cool design, I love the crosses, I also thought that rubies instead of diamond here could be very cool!

adstark

Rough_Rock
Bottom of window is supposed to come to Rounded "V" as was discussed in original design. I am debating removing beads altogether. Original drawing I made had longer thin cross reaching to "window edges" not floating and think want that. The stone is a 1.25 color change sapphire and want semi bezel for the most light transmission to the sapphire. My sister commented it looks a bit too masculine and need to go more with my original drawing. Pic on right is the "frame" I designed from.

_8393.jpg

starrylight

Shiny_Rock
If you are adding milgrain, I believe it needs to be added afterwards to look delicate.

I think the cross should extend a little further down as was drawn in your picture. Currently it looks more like a plus sign. I would also eliminate the vines closer to the bottom of the cross (maybe wrap one of the vines onto the bottom of the extended cross?). For my personal preference, the shank is too wide.

adstark

Rough_Rock
Finally finished revising and think its ready for production. Any opinions/suggestions before design approval?

wufhugczrsmwwrdfugyv_spec2.jpg

putnn0cqckyiddcujbtq_p.jpg

hs84uzu4sgck71cfxhhm_side.jpg

lwiqjwrmtkslj1ik7ud1_top.jpg

Skeptron

Rough_Rock
Design looks awesome! Love the intricate details. how much would such a setting cost?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results