shape
carat
color
clarity

CADs are in - emerald ring in white and rose gold

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
I received the CADs for the emerald ring I am having made - some of you will remember the settings I chose to give him for reference. I had to tone it down a little for cost reasons, but I'm still really happy with the design! I don't have the stone right now, but from memory it's a 2.3 ct square cut emerald. I asked for a bit of rose gold, as I love how it looks as an accent - it turned out very Art Deco so I'm super pleased! :love:

(The only change I made was to ask for a bit of the leafy design to extend down the sides of the band about 1/2 way.) What do you think?

39337_149543041723443_100000032456901_439904_260509_n.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! Yes, very Art Deco! You'll need to wear this when you drive your roadster and wear a cloche hat! Very lovely and original. I agree that it would be nice to see the leafy bits extend a little further, but not too far, or you'll lose the focus on the emerald, which would be a shame.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I love the art deco feel of it. My only concern would be how high it sits but then I like to wear my rings lower. Of course you wouldn't be able to have much of a basket design if it sat lower either.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the design a lot; it is very unique. I have a question about the double prongs though as it appears different from what I’m used to seeing; your CAD shows what I consider split prongs (straight and together all the way) whereas I’m more used to seeing the end of the double prongs “opened” up a little more.

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
Hi Y'all!

Thanks for the good feedback. I'm on my way out the door to work, but wanted to respond :)

I liked the look of double prongs but I was afraid more prongs = more bits to catch on clothing, etc. So he got the look for me. I'm glad you think it's unique, I do too. :)

I also wanted it to sit up high, as I like a dramatic profile. Since it's an emerald I won't be wearing it 24/7 and destroying it so I felt pretty comfortable doing it this way. I'll let you know what he says about the side - if it comes back too much to carve a relief on the side, perhaps I'll ask him to cut an opening where the top of the ring is - a cthedral? Not sure what that's called. Where the top of the band splits into two pieces, one on the bottom (the band) and one on the top. We'll see. :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
styling!

Mo-Zo

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
LOVE it!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's very pretty! Who is doing it for you?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks fabulous!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty! I can't wait to see the finished ring!

breezing

Rough_Rock
it's beautiful, style-wise that's my kind of setting :) my only concern is the emeralds exposure but if you're a gentle wearer you'll be okay. i just had the table recut/polished on an emerald that belonged to my mom but she wore the ring every day for nearly 35 years. it now looks like i remember it as a kid, i had forgotten how beautiful emeralds could be.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is going to be just gorgeous! Love the rose gold touches!

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
His name is Brendan Thielman at Out of the Box Gold in Palm Desert, CA. He has done some other truly amazing pieces (like rose/white engagement rings and earrings) for other customers. Note that the shop itself buys gold and diamonds, so if you want something made you can call them directly and ask for Brendan. He can also keep an eye out for vintage diamonds and jewelry for you if there's something in particular you want. It's a VERY nice place (I think it looks like a BMW dealership, LOL) but the staff couldn't be nicer. :)

866-246-5378 or outoftheboxenterprises.com

I'll let you know when the ring is finished. We're not in a huge rush so it may be a few weeks. Have to pay off that emergency vet bill first...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the rose gold touches are great. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Very nice!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow that design is amazing.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh very pretty! :love: Art Deco is my favourite design-era. Can't wait to see it finished.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very pretty, YES, I agree that it will be even nicer if the leafy design to extend down the sides of the band:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results