shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD help with spinel reset

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
DanielM is resetting my red spinel from the chunky setting that traps water and irritates my skin. I have little CAD experience and was hoping y'all could help me with it. The center spinel is 9.something by 6.somesthing. The diamonds are 1.1mm and the outer red spinels are 2.5mm. Setting in platinum size 5.25. Any advice appreciated! 20221010_123859.jpg

I'm not the most creative among us, @Mrs_Strizzle, so all I can tell you is that looks fantastic to me! :dance: But there are some ladies (and gents) here who really know what to look for and what to avoid when CADing (can that be a verb... lol?). I'm sure they'll chime in with some helpful advice!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to advise you to ship the finished ring to my house because that baby is going to be delicious! :evil2: No? Ok, fine. A girls gotta ask. Lol.

Ok, in all seriousness, do you have a pic of the CAD for the gallery? It looks like you have something going on there but I don't think it's strictly necessary from a structural perspective. It looks kind of closed up in the center only, if that makes sense.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to advise you to ship the finished ring to my house because that baby is going to be delicious! :evil2: No? Ok, fine. A girls gotta ask. Lol.

Ok, in all seriousness, do you have a pic of the CAD for the gallery? It looks like you have something going on there but I don't think it's strictly necessary from a structural perspective. It looks kind of closed up in the center only, if that makes sense.

I now see what you are talking about. I will ask him about it and if he can give a view from the gallery. Thanks!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My question was also the gallery with a wide and flat as the hall is I would want something underneath to steady it- unless you plan to west a band with it and you need it to sit flush.

Also I’d probably as the halo to slope down away from the stone a little more then it does

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results