shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD drawing of my pear halo

lbling

Rough_Rock
I have just received the CAD drawing from my jeweller who is designing my pave pear halo! I am so excited! Here is the drawing of my ring plus a pic of the pear diamond I chose, the stats for my diamond and my inspiration ring. I just can't wait to have this beauty on my finger. I lost my original wedder and e-ring so I have been feeling very naked lately :lol: The only thing I was wondering and I would love some answers from all the PSers out there is did you get nervous when having something custom made? I know that I have tried on this style before and loved it over the other style of halo with the shared prongs BUT I am a little nervous whether I will like it or not. Maybe I am just being an nervous nelly but I just worry that I wont love it. Did anyone else have these concerns? I love my diamond though, and I love the style that I have chosen I am just nervous about the end result.

Here is the CAD drawing:

Here is the pear I chose for my centre stone:

GIA Cert #: 1119685779
Stone: Pear Brilliant
Measurements: 8.73 x 5.48 x 3.09mm
Carat Weight: 0.89
Colour: G
Clarity: VS2
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good

Here is a pic:

And here is the inspiration ring. It's KiKiD's pear halo.

CAD pear halo.jpg

my pear..jpg

Pear.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks really nice! can't wait for the pics :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
I think I will prefer a plain band for the ering but this one is beautiful too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and elegant.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!

I was super nervous waiting for my custom job, too - it's so easy to imagine thousands of things going wrong! But with a reputable vendor you have the best reassurance - that if something does go wrong you can expect that it will be fixed, so don't lose sleep over it!

One thing I might add is to make the plain band the same height off the finger as the Ering shank from the face-up view, right now it looks a little lower/less deep, and the difference would bother me IRL.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely to me. Can wait to see it finished!

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
I love the concept! So elegant. I can't wait to see it made.

My only suggestion (very small one): Would you consider a small notch in the wedding band so that it locks in place with the support for the point of the pear?

If you look at the CADs, there is a support that runs down from the point in the pear to the ER band, passing right over the wedding band. The CAD makes it look like a flush fit. If you really want a flush fit (and don't want the ER to sit too too too high), I think you might have to add a divot in the top of the wedding band to accommodate the support. When you're wearing the WR without the ER, simply turn the divot to the palm side. Just a thought, so lovely!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Oh! :appl: I think that it's beautiful! It's so exciting to see an idea come to life! I think I'd worry myself sick doing a custom, so I so admire all of you that go for it! Congratualtions it beautiful!!

What will you be wearing for a wedder?

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Looks very nice. Can't wait to see it.

lbling

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1310012385|2963447 said:
Congrats!

One thing I might add is to make the plain band the same height off the finger as the Ering shank from the face-up view, right now it looks a little lower/less deep, and the difference would bother me IRL.

I took your advice and altered it slightly to have a cathedral shank with a bridge where the wedder will sit flush

Christina...|1310060144|2963900 said:
What will you be wearing for a wedder?
I am going to have a matching wedder made so that they both sit together.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rather than suggest putting a "divot" in the wedding band, why not have the support wire arc toward the tip of the pear shaped upper plate so that it could clear a wedding band of height eqaul to the engagement ring shank. If not an arc, then put the divot into this never seen underwire rather than the wedding ring. I alos suggest you don't make the shak thinner than 2mm. Using a slightly larger diameter diamond, such as 1.4mm instead of 1.3mm will pretty much fill up the space and not raise the price a great deal. The 2mm shank will result in a lot more resistance to bending.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results