shape
carat
color
clarity

CAD check on an antique 1.3 carat OEC!

sashimi

Rough_Rock
Hello all! Here is the second round of CADs on my AB Alva-inspired engagement ring. I have a few questions:

- I asked to have the band by the leaf side detail be a knife edge that blends into a round band. But now thinking maybe it should just be round all over?
- Should the donut be any wider or taller?
- Should the side diamonds in the leaf be more flush with the leaf bezel (making the leaf a little narrower/shorter)? Right now there’s a tiny bit of gap.
- Will the leaf side details be filled in with gold, or do I need to tell them that?
- The thickness of the band is 1.9mm and the width is 2mm. I have smaller hands (4.5), so should the ring be thinner?

Thanks for all your help!

Attachments

• IMG_4781.jpeg
    IMG_4781.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4797.jpeg
    IMG_4797.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4780.jpeg
    IMG_4780.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4779.jpeg
    IMG_4779.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4778.jpeg
    IMG_4778.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4852.jpeg
    IMG_4852.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4851.jpeg
    IMG_4851.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all! Here is the second round of CADs on my AB Alva-inspired engagement ring. I have a few questions:

- I asked to have the band by the leaf side detail be a knife edge that blends into a round band. But now thinking maybe it should just be round all over?
- Should the donut be any wider or taller?
- Should the side diamonds in the leaf be more flush with the leaf bezel (making the leaf a little narrower/shorter)? Right now there’s a tiny bit of gap.
- Will the leaf side details be filled in with gold, or do I need to tell them that?
- The thickness of the band is 1.9mm and the width is 2mm. I have smaller hands (4.5), so should the ring be thinner?

Thanks for all your help!

Hopefully I can boost your post for some attention. I'm sorry I don't have anything helpful to say about the CAD, but the Alva is a gorgeous ring, so I'm sure yours is going to be absolutely beautiful too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results