shape
carat
color
clarity

Cabachon Studs + IDJ 5 pt. jackets...a lovely combo!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had posted in RT a few weeks ago asking for opinions about cabachon stud earrings in the IDJ jackets. The general consensus was that it seemed like a good idea, so I pulled the trigger and purchased a really inexpensive pair of 5mm pink tourmaline cabs and sent them to Yeukitel. He literally set them the day he received them and sent them back to me with the jackets!! Talk about fast service! He convinced me to go with the 5 pt. jackets vs. the 3 pt. and while I haven't seen the 3pt in person, the 5 pt are gorgeous!

The cabs were really cheap and in the glamour shot that Luann took, you'll see the inclusions, but in my ear, they are not noticeable. Now that I know the cabs and jackets compliment each other, I'll look for a couple of nicer pairs (sans inclusions) of 5mm cabs to wear with the jackets.

Without further ado, here are a few photos I took this afternoon:

tourmaline%20cabs_0.jpg
cab+jacket3.jpg
cab+jacket.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Yenny you have exquisite taste, I LOVE this.

By far one of my favourite combos of studs + jackets. I really like the round, smooth, protruding cabs in the brilliant scalloped outline, and the 5pointers are perfect!! They look so regal in your ears.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Honestly I like the inclusions in the cabs, too. They're interesting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny, your new earrings are gorgeous!! Love the 5 pointers and the whole look!! Very glamorous! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are just beautiful and I love the idea as well. A very classy combination. Very versatile and I love the jackets.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the whole set on your ears! I think the earrings complement your hair/complexion rather well!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Yssie, Missy, brightice and mom2boys! I am tickled that they turned out so well! Now to find a few more pair of cabochon studs!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh - very yummy! Like little gumdrop candies surrounded by sugar!!! I love the look and the 5 ptrs really cover your ear lobe perfectly! Ah... so lovely!!! :bigsmile: I'm so jealous seeing all these jackets... I can't wait!

Now--- what will be the next little stud pair to find its way to your "jacket home"?? ;)) :naughty:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love these...my new favorite pair of studs on PS. They look stunning on you.

sparklypoodle

Rough_Rock
Yenny, can you tell me if IDJ also set the cabs for you? The prongs are perfect. Can you show a picture of the cabs alone in their setting? Would they be willing to do this for a variety of cabs to fit these jackets? How versatile and gorgeous!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks enerchi and sparklyoec!! I have a pair of chrome diopside on their way to me and I'm looking for a lemonade yellow color, as well as blue (tanzanite or iolite?).

Sparklypoodle, idj did set the cabs for me and I agree that the prongs are perfect! I'll take a pic tomorrow of the cabs on their own. Give Yeukitel a call. He's a sweetheart and very easy to work with.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, they look great! Love those jackets!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: Woohoo for more IDJ jackets!! LOVE the 5-pointers and they look great with your cabs!!

By any chance, are these the chrome diopside that are coming your way?
http://www.gemselect.com/chrome-diopside/chrome-diopside-317828.php#

I had them saved in my cart but was trying to decide about another stone on their site and hesitated too long... If they don't work out for you, I call dibs :wink2: :Up_to_something:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Those are so lovely! I thought I had to have a pair of the 3 pointers but now I'm thinking maybe 5! Thank you for the pictures.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow...Those 5 pointers look amazing with your cabs...And what a presence they have on your ears!!! Very well done Yenny :appl:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're really beautiful yenny and look so pretty on you!! :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW yenny, you are so clever and creative!! I absolutely LOVE them!!!!!!!

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Lovely and unique. You have exquisite taste!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, georgious, glamourous jackets and those studs prongs are TDF! :love: :love:

Noticed one thing though, that we disscussed earlier with JLW05 regarding her jackets size. She got also 5 pointers for 5 mm stones, that had 10 stones per jacket, just like yours. The airline did bother her and we found out that she actually got wrong sized jackets meant for 0,75 caraters. Yekutiel has exhanged the jackets for the right size jackets with 9 stones. The disscussion of this is in my thread abt jackets. The new jackets fit better her 5mm stones. I dont know what your plans are, maybe you deliberately ordered the bigger pair for future upgrades etc. But I thought I might point that out..

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
super combo. what other cabs are you gonna try and get?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks alene, rosebloom, naty, SC86, JLW05, Aprilbaby, junebug and dandiandi!! Maybe I'll start a trend of my own. :naughty:

Stargurl, no those aren't my chrome diopsides...I ordered cabs...but the pair you posted sure are lovely!

efriede-I read that thread with great interest and my guess is this is the pair of jackets that was exchanged (probably why Yeukitel was able to get them out to me so quickly). I'm fine with the fit, as the tiny airline isn't noticable even at 3 inches away and I am finding that cab pairs are rarely exactly identical in size (the pink tourms. were sold to me as 5mm, but in reality, one was 5.1 and the other was 5.2). I think that the airline will give me a bit of flexibility in the studs I find, as I'm planning on sticking with cabs for these jackets. Thanks for pointing it out though. :))

Chel, I have a pair of chrome diopside coming my way and next on my list is apatite, and some sort of lemonade yellow color (i.e. not intense yellow, but not so pale that you can't tell that it's yellow)....since cabs are fairly reasonable in price, I plan to have a rainbow of studs at my disposal!! :lol:

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
yennyfire|1337950699|3203433 said:
Thanks alene, rosebloom, naty, SC86, JLW05, Aprilbaby, junebug and dandiandi!! Maybe I'll start a trend of my own. :naughty:

Stargurl, no those aren't my chrome diopsides...I ordered cabs...but the pair you posted sure are lovely!

efriede-I read that thread with great interest and my guess is this is the pair of jackets that was exchanged (probably why Yeukitel was able to get them out to me so quickly). I'm fine with the fit, as the tiny airline isn't noticable even at 3 inches away and I am finding that cab pairs are rarely exactly identical in size (the pink tourms. were sold to me as 5mm, but in reality, one was 5.1 and the other was 5.2). I think that the airline will give me a bit of flexibility in the studs I find, as I'm planning on sticking with cabs for these jackets. Thanks for pointing it out though. :))

Chel, I have a pair of chrome diopside coming my way and next on my list is apatite, and some sort of lemonade yellow color (i.e. not intense yellow, but not so pale that you can't tell that it's yellow)....since cabs are fairly reasonable in price, I plan to have a rainbow of studs at my disposal!! :lol:

I agree that the airline is barely noticable with colored stones. And I think you will have great varieties of colored stones to match your fabulous jackets, and flexibility to choose even bigger ones! :appl: great choice :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire said:

Ooo I'll bet the green cabs will be stunning! I never used to like cabs all that much but you might be changing my mind :Up_to_something: Do you have diamond studs to wear with these jackets too?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire said:
I plan to have a rainbow of studs at my disposal!! :lol:

:appl: :appl: :appl: Excellent plan!!! Your new earrings look so beautiful on you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ooo I'll bet the green cabs will be stunning! I never used to like cabs all that much but you might be changing my mind :Up_to_something: Do you have diamond studs to wear with these jackets too?[/quote]

Stargurl, that's the one regret I'm having right now. I have 5.6mm oec earrings that I had set in "clover" settings and while I love them, I'm kind of bummed that I can't put my oec's in the jackets. I may see if the clover earrings can be modified to turn them into jackets too.

closeup%20earshot.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire said:
Stargurl, that's the one regret I'm having right now. I have 5.6mm oec earrings that I had set in "clover" settings and while I love them, I'm kind of bummed that I can't put my oec's in the jackets. I may see if the clover earrings can be modified to turn them into jackets too.

Oh yes, I remember you posting those! They're lovely but that would be awesome if you could make the OECs into studs and the clovers into jackets and you could mix and match all of them. You have such a beautiful collection Yenny!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'll see what Yeukitel thinks about turning the clovers into jackets when I'm up there in a couple of weeks.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love how those turned out. Recently I was looking for cabs for earrings, so obviously I love the idea. Well done!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ID's earring jackets are exactly what's next on my list, and my diamonds are just a hair smaller than 5mm, so I think these will be perfect for me too, except I think I want a tiny airline. No matter. I'm going to have fun shopping while I'm there! I like to see as much as possible and take it all in. Yours are beautiful!

Will you be in NY long? Should we try to plan something between us PSers? or do you have a packed schedule?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results