shape
carat
color
clarity

By the Numbers ... Visual Differences in MRB specs

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing You know I love my CBIs, but given your current diamond, I 100% would have made the same decision you are. Your WF ES has the 76 LFG that I love, AND the fluorescence. And that’s not even factoring in the financial side of it.

I appreciate that! It wasn’t an easy decision at all; I really thought going into this that - by the end of this week - I’d be discussing settings for my new CBI, so it is rather bittersweet. But at the end of the day, I have an amazing diamond, and someone else will eventually be the lucky owner of the beautiful CBI, and everyone will be happy.

I did make a point to try and detect what - if any - impact the MBF had on the appearance of body color given both were K’s. And I don’t believe I was able to detect any, honestly. But those LGFs ... yes, seeing both in person side by side was one of the differences I was able to discern, and if given a choice I agree I prefer the 76, but I wouldn’t kick a 77 out of bed. :lol:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also want to state emphatically that every single thing I’ve read on PS where people talk about twinning wisps being a great inclusion is accurate for that CBI; it is absolutely eye clean, and even with a loupe I was struggling to find them. Whoever ends up the lucky owner of that diamond is going to get one hell of a buy for an SI1 that - IMO - is as eye clean as my VS1.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is somewhat true based on this/my experience. There are some relatively minor differences that - being aware of diamonds & cut more-so than perhaps the ‘average consumer’ - I can detect in my environment. And I can only assume they are based on how each particular diamond’s angles are cut and complement each other coupled with what one’s eyes prefer (if they have seen enough to gauge such) ... and in conjunction with whatever other ‘priorities’ or factors a buyer has in making such a decision. For the ‘average’ consumer who hasn’t honed their eye, knowledge and preferences, I think they could easily be presented with either diamond, find both visually pleasing, excellent performing, and be thrilled with either choice that best fit their budget/criteria, and not really discern any major differences.

For me considering this upgrade, it is dependent on not only performance and what my eye prefers, but also my critical ‘mind clean’ factor - the financial/cost factor. The differences really need to be significant enough for me to justify the cost for what I’m trading up to; in this particular situation, I’m just not sure that they do because of the limited difference I see for what it will cost to upgrade to this particular diamond, given it’s not with the same vendor as my current diamond.

And before I share the specs of the potential upgrade diamond, I want to be crystal clear because I’m sensitive to both vendors involved as well as owners of diamonds from both: none of what I shared here is to suggest (nor should anyone infer) that the potential upgrade diamond doesn’t perform well - it absolutely, positively does perform amazingly. Someone else may very well see something different and choose differently. For me, it just means that my current diamond (a WF expert selection) is such an outstanding performer that it’s hard to give it up and spend more money to go bigger than I would if I stayed with the same vendor and received full cost trade-up value. The comp diamond is this CBI, which unfortunately would just result in too much loss of what I originally spent to feel comfortable trading in my diamond where the only significant difference I can see is an additional .37 ct/.6mm spread. I hope that makes sense, and that no one infers I’m suggesting one is better than the other, especially the vendors ... both of whom are/have been beyond incredible to deal with. :wavey:

I totally get it. They are both beautiful but cost is a significant factor in any diamond purchase. The difference - especially to spend more money as there are two different vendors - has to be somewhat substantial to justify the cost so that you are comfortable with your decision. I appreciate your transparency and honesty and don't think there would be anyone that wouldn't understand this.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you can see, they were SO CLOSE to each other. But next to each other I could A, annoyingly see the size difference (ridiculous I know) and B, they had different personalities with their light performance.

Be careful, it's a slippery slope! :lol:
I believe you...:wink2:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I love CBIs, as you know, but if I were already in possession of a WF ES, the only upgrade jumps I would be making would be to other WF ES or ACAs. Financially that makes much more sense. Like-for-like, CBIs are already more expensive and when you lose the 100% trade-in value, I personally would find that difficult to justify. I lost a lot of money and spent a lot to get my upgrade, but I gained a huge amount in light performance let alone size and it became totally worth it. I would, however, struggle to have justified the cost otherwise.

I think if you wanted a CBI then it would have to be a new, separate diamond, and if you wish for me to enable that I totally will. :twisted:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results