shape
carat
color
clarity

BWW Weight Loss Thread: 2/1-2/7

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Who knew there were so many lapsed dancers on this board? I was a hard core ballet dancer through high school, switching over to modern primarily in college and post. Then....nothing. I went from an underweight, 5''5 and a muscular 100lbs to a realization I should be eating more, and should gain some weight...to being a muscular 120 to being a non-muscular 138, 5 years post dance. At the rate I''m gaining, I need to start doing something ASAP. For those who are keeping track, that''s close to 40lbs in 6 years.
23.gif
My happy weight is about 125lb and Dancer Muscle! I purr like a kitten whenever someone notices my posture these days...I have never been able to get into "exercise" but I love dance. So my goal is to get to a class twice a week. Last week, I did two and felt sore but great! West African and Afro-Caribbean. In part, I was just really proud of myself to get back into a studio.
Everybody has been talking about Zumba, so I might give that a try. This week, I''m already behind as I haven''t been to any, but I did cook three healthy dinners so far this week. We eat out a lot, and I feel this has contributed heavily to both my and df weight gain in the past two years. Tomorrow morning there is a modern class I''m planning to take.

Short term goal-toned arms, loose 5lbs before onslaught of 4 weddings this spring to attend. First is in April.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 9:57:29 AM
Author: meresal
Ohh, this is so exciting!! (Yes, I''m a dork, and forewarning, annoyingly positive
12.gif
) I''m so glad so many have joined. I''ve decided to keep a journal with everyone''s goals and progress, so that I don''t have to thread hunt down the line!! (Yup, I''m holding you too it
2.gif
)

Well, my morning started at 5 am when I got out of bed to workout this morning. I always knew that I preferred to work out in the mornings, but I really forgot how much I LOVE working out in the mornings.
30.gif
It''s a great start to a day and really gets your mind and body going.

So this morning I did my ''Day 4'' of 30-day shred, and I''m going to catch up on my ''Day 5'' today.

I have to go buy a set of 3lb weights today after work. This body weight stuff just isn''t working anymore for my arms. I''m just scared to work them too hard, and not be able to keep up the daily workouts. Any advice? I was really happy after the workout this morning, because every time she said ''keep your abs tight'' I realized mine already were!!

The only time I continually notice a hard spot, is on the second set of jumping jacks/jump ropes, right at the beginning of the workout. It''s something about my calves, but maybe it''s just because it''s the beginning of the workout.

How did everyone else''s afternoon go?

Oh no! lol I am not even sure of my current weight I m guessing between 165 and 170 ahhh!!! I am 5''3
38.gif
So hold me 2 it. I didn''t work out yet today but I didn''t snack or eat anything I shouldn''t so that''s a plus. My Goal is to lose 10-15 pounds by this May for the engagement pictures.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 8:37:33 PM
Author: PrincessMiaPuff
I wanna play 2! I am extremely embarrassed how my weight has gotten out of control since I went to college. I want to lose 30 pounds!! By May 2010. I found a web site that shows me now and what I would look like to inspire me.

Hey, PrincessMiaPuff, can you post the website that generated the inspiration image? (How neat!)

f-d-l

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 1:03:33 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Date: 2/4/2009 8:37:33 PM

Author: PrincessMiaPuff

I wanna play 2! I am extremely embarrassed how my weight has gotten out of control since I went to college. I want to lose 30 pounds!! By May 2010. I found a web site that shows me now and what I would look like to inspire me.

Hey, PrincessMiaPuff, can you post the website that generated the inspiration image? (How neat!)

f-d-l

Sure here is the URL http://www.mvm.com/en/brandme.php?endpoint=weightloss
I thought it was extremely motivating that I could look so good!
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Meresal: Can there be a sticky on this thread so we don''t have to go searching for it?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for putting that up Princess! Very interesting to see. However, if my body looked as proportional as they say at 137, then I wouldn''t be worried about toning anything!!
3.gif

Bia- I''m not sure how you make a thread sticky, but I will message admin to inquire about it.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine....let''s see how clear/blurry it turns out!

weightloss1.JPG

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys, can I join too. I keep joining these threads and losing my motivation, but it''s come to crunch time if I want to get to my goals (or close) before the wedding on 2nd September 2009.

I have been a good girl all week though, not missing a day of my exercise since Monday. Sure that''s only 4 days, but I have to start somewhere right?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I was bad.
8.gif
I didn''t make it to the gym at all this week, and although my eating wasn''t horrible, it wasn''t great either. And I just joined this thread. What a loser I am!

BUT---- I WILL NOT GIVE UP!! I''ll take it day by day and do what I can. Next week will be better for the gym, and I am still going to try to NOT COMPLETELTY BLOW IT THIS WEEKEND!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
No gym for me tonight either. I guess this means I am definitely going on Saturday to keep my goals!

I worked until 1045 tonight and I have an hour drive home. Since I was stuck at work all day I didn''t eat a proper lunch or dinner either so I suppose that makes up for not going to the gym (in a totally unhealthy way though...
7.gif
).

Better luck tomorrow!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 11:45:17 PM
Author: Clairitek
No gym for me tonight either. I guess this means I am definitely going on Saturday to keep my goals!

I worked until 1045 tonight and I have an hour drive home. Since I was stuck at work all day I didn''t eat a proper lunch or dinner either so I suppose that makes up for not going to the gym (in a totally unhealthy way though...
7.gif
).

Better luck tomorrow!
LOL, I call this my "Justification Database". FI says I have one for everything!!
9.gif

What do you working/school girls do about eating healthy for lunch. I work downtown, and never bring my own lunch, eventhough I should. Do you make your meals everyday or are there certain restaurants that you frequent??

jkil0313

Rough_Rock
I pack almost everyday (Try to save money where I can). I went out yesterday for the first time in over two months. But at least it was a soup and salad.

I try to do healthy foods. I bring in snacks (Nuts, cheese, crackers) and then for lunch usually a small salad and soup, sandwich, or entree of some sort. Beyond that is leftovers. Today I have tilapia and shrimp with brown rice.

As for Yesterday:
I decided to join the group and try 30-day Shred (I have it free on Cox Cable so no reason not too) My legs are jelly today...but I am hoping it gets easier.

So 30-Day Shred: Day 2

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:01:46 AM

What do you working/school girls do about eating healthy for lunch. I work downtown, and never bring my own lunch, eventhough I should. Do you make your meals everyday or are there certain restaurants that you frequent??
Subway! Chicken breast or turkey. Lotsa veggies. Yum!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:01:46 AM
Date: 2/5/2009 11:45:17 PM

7.gif
).

Better luck tomorrow!

LOL, I call this my ''Justification Database''. FI says I have one for everything!!
9.gif

I hate making up excuses to not go to the gym. The worst part of all of this is that I will be leaving work at 5 and I commuted with a friend today. I will drop her off at 630 or so and then head home. FI comes home from his business trip at 730ish. I just better hope he wants to go to the gym with me tonight or else I won''t make my goal of 5 workouts in a week!

I work at a university so there are plenty of inexpensive and relatively healthy options to choose from. I normally get a pint of fat free milk and a small salad at the very least. There are a few places on the main drag to get a sandwich so thats helpful for staying healthy.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I wanna join! I wanna join! :)

I''m Rachael. 5''3.5. Currently 123-ish. BUT... (dun-dun-dun..) 24% body fat.

And lemmie tell you-- 123 is GOOD for me. It is gosh darn FABULOUS!

I''ve struggled with weight/body distortion all my life (as many have), but am finally at a point in my life where I''m losing weight healthfully. For the past 5-6 weeks I''ve been keeping track of my food content and working out at least 4 times a week. I am losing slowly but surely, but most importantly, I''m getting stronger, have lost a few inches, and am burning away body fat.

Goals: 115-117 for dress fitting in July... By November I hope to run a 1/2 marathon (I''m on my way, but have a ways to go)... and by December 19th (wedding!!) I want my arms to look ROCKIN'' in my dress!

I''ve never been an athlete, besides playing rugby and dancing a bit, but I love to workout. I especially love to lift. And most recent is my love affair with running. Body issues came to a head in my early years of college with major food restriction/purging/si crap, but for every year that passes, things get a bit better.
1.gif
The summer of 2007 I got (Uck...) BRACES. Yes, those things that go on one''s teeth. Anyway- it greatly influenced my eating habits (i avoided all sugary sticky foods) and my weight averaged around 127 or so. After starting law school I became way too sedentary and ate to stay away while studying/attending class, and my weight ballooned to nearly 140. And now, praise the powers that be, I''m feeling AWESOME and FIT and want to feel eeeeeven better.

First major milestone: Yesterday after class, two of my classmates said, "Wow. You''re looking thin. Have you lost some weight?" I replied in the affirmative. Then one asked, "Are you doing it healthfully?" and I said, "YES!"
31.gif

I also have a contract with my older sister (stickk.com) to work out at least 4 days a week-- if I don''t I have to pay her $5, and vice versa.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to pop into say hi to all you girls and offer a bit of advice. I was in your position just a few years ago and worked out like mad for my wedding. I just wanted to let you know that it was totally worth it - every time I look at my pictures I am so happy and reminded of how hard I worked to get there.

I notice that a lot of you have posted ideal weights and I''ve also noticed that a lot of you don''t have a lot to lose. My advice would be not to focus on the weight, but on how you look/how your clothes fit, especially if you don''t have a lot to lose. I am sure you know that muscle weighs more than fat, and with all the working you are doing you will be gaining muscle like crazy. I made the mistake of focusing on the numbers at first and was so frustrated that I was working really hard and not losing weight until I realized all my clothes were too big! I only ended up losing about 10 lbs for my wedding, but for me that equated 2 clothing sizes because of all the muscle I gained. It seems like a no-brainer but it caused me a lot of frustration. Good luck to all of you and I''m sure you''ll look fabulous on your wedding days!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:55:35 PM
Author: NovemberBride
I just wanted to pop into say hi to all you girls and offer a bit of advice. I was in your position just a few years ago and worked out like mad for my wedding. I just wanted to let you know that it was totally worth it - every time I look at my pictures I am so happy and reminded of how hard I worked to get there.

I notice that a lot of you have posted ideal weights and I''ve also noticed that a lot of you don''t have a lot to lose. My advice would be not to focus on the weight, but on how you look/how your clothes fit, especially if you don''t have a lot to lose. I am sure you know that muscle weighs more than fat, and with all the working you are doing you will be gaining muscle like crazy. I made the mistake of focusing on the numbers at first and was so frustrated that I was working really hard and not losing weight until I realized all my clothes were too big! I only ended up losing about 10 lbs for my wedding, but for me that equated 2 clothing sizes because of all the muscle I gained. It seems like a no-brainer but it caused me a lot of frustration. Good luck to all of you and I''m sure you''ll look fabulous on your wedding days!
Thanks for chiming in, that''s great advice!

Good morning everyone. I''ve hit my first wall. I just don''t feel like working out. Haven''t done my video or cardio since Thursday morning. For me, if I take one day off, mentally it''s the equivalent of a week. My new short term goal is to be sure to workout everyday, not matter what!!

Anyone have big plans this weekend? FI and I are going to the symphony tonight, they are having a John Williams tribute. I''m going to get a mani/pedi, then back to get my workout on!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 10:29:23 AM
Date: 2/6/2009 8:55:35 PM

Author: NovemberBride

Thanks for chiming in, that''s great advice!

Good morning everyone. I''ve hit my first wall. I just don''t feel like working out. Haven''t done my video or cardio since Thursday morning. For me, if I take one day off, mentally it''s the equivalent of a week. My new short term goal is to be sure to workout everyday, not matter what!!

Anyone have big plans this weekend? FI and I are going to the symphony tonight, they are having a John Williams tribute. I''m going to get a mani/pedi, then back to get my workout on!!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement NovemberBride. When I am feeling like I don''t want to do any muscle work at the gym after my cardio I remember how low the back dips on my wedding dress and how killer it would be if my back and arms were nice and toned for photos.

I finally worked out today. First time since Tuesday night. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were all consumed by work and FI returning from his business trip. We had a good time at the gym together today. He is really encouraging. I did 30 mins of cardio and upper back exercises along with abs.

SunnyD- Your suggestion for ab work really helped! I felt it a lot more in my lower abs and I didn''t feel like I was hitting the uppers as much.

I have a question about the 30 Day Shred. It is a different workout everyday or just the same thing over and over again? I noticed that my OnDemand has it but there are only 2 different ones. I''m glad to have discovered this so I can work out at home when I don''t have the time for the gym and save myself the $10 I would spend on the DVD on Amazon.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
For those with Comcast.... I just did the Jillian Michaels Boost Metabolism-- HOLY COW. It kicked my booty, and I''ve been pretty good about running/using the elliptical/biking/etc. Wow Wow Wow. There were about 500 times that I wanted to just stop and turn it off, and I took a few short breaks... But pretty much stuck with it. My form was awful, however, for some of the moves.

I def. recommend checking it out!

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Well, after reading about the 30 day shred all over recently and realizing my first fitting is exactly 30 days away I went out this morning and bought the 30 day shred DVD and 3lb hand weights.

O.....M......G.... I mean I know I''m not in the best shape of my life, but gosh, that kicked my butt! I thought I was going to throw up in the middle of it. But that just makes me think it must be working.

So my new goal is to do the 30DS every day until I leave to go back home for my dress fitting
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

30DS Level 1 Day 1

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 3:38:35 PM

I have a question about the 30 Day Shred. It is a different workout everyday or just the same thing over and over again? I noticed that my OnDemand has it but there are only 2 different ones. I''m glad to have discovered this so I can work out at home when I don''t have the time for the gym and save myself the $10 I would spend on the DVD on Amazon.
There are 3 levels. You are supposed to start with Level 1 and then move up as you feel necessary. I have gone a step further and am tryng to break each level into two weight levels as well. It will keep me from getting stuck at Level 3 with a week and a half left. Does that make sense?

Level 1:
First 4 days were body weight and some with two books about .
Next 4 or 5 will be with 3lb weights

Level 2:
Maybe 3lb weights for first few days
Move up to 4 or 5 lb for next few days

Level 3:
Start with 4 or 5 lb
Finish with 5 or 8lb weights.

That way I don''t get bored and I will continue to feel the burn all 30 days. I''m saying I will end at 5lb weights, but I''m really hoping to be solid at 8 by that time.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 5:56:04 PM
Author: mjso
Well, after reading about the 30 day shred all over recently and realizing my first fitting is exactly 30 days away I went out this morning and bought the 30 day shred DVD and 3lb hand weights.

O.....M......G.... I mean I know I''m not in the best shape of my life, but gosh, that kicked my butt! I thought I was going to throw up in the middle of it. But that just makes me think it must be working.

So my new goal is to do the 30DS every day until I leave to go back home for my dress fitting
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

30DS Level 1 Day 1
I''m trying to do the exact same thing!! Good luck!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I did a new DVD today, it''s Hip Hop Dance Party. The workouts are in 10 minute increments. I did 2 of them. It''s great because I really didn''t have an excuse. Who doesn''t have 10 minutes? It was good and hard moves. Hip hoppy. I felt the burn.
1.gif

mjso

Shiny_Rock
Well, it is technically the 8th, but I wanted to post to keep myself somewhat accountable...

Did day 2 of the 30DS today and shockingly I can tell a difference in my endurance just in 1 day! Yesterday I was dying and thought I was going to throw up at the end and today I was able to get through the whole thing without feeling the urge to upchuck
25.gif

I also went on a small hike with the dog and FI today...woo!

30 Day Shred Level 1 Day 2

jojolh

Rough_Rock
Hello! I would love to join you ladies as well. I too am a 7/25/09 bride.

I have always been pretty healthy and watch what I eat. As I have gotten older (37) I find it''s definitely harder to take weight off and maintain. My goal is to loose about 10lbs and tone up. I just finished a 4 week cleanse (Body Rejuvenation Cleanse) and have been doing a new workout 3xs a week, called Pure Barre. The classes are just now gaining popularity in CA and they have a few more studios opening up. By far the best workout I have ever done!! I have never had a butt and I swear, if this class doesn''t give me one, nothing will.
My cleanse is now done but i am still following it loosley. I am still off wheat, flour, gluten, sugar (mostly), soda and alcohol. I did have some wine this weekend though :) The weirdest part, I haven''t lost any weight???? I would think giving up the booze alone would make me loose weight. What gives???? Will it just start coming off if I keep it up?

Typical Day:

Fruit smootie in morning (banana, berries, rice milk, vanilla rice protein powder and tbls of flaxseed oil)
lunch: brown rice, tomatoes, zuchinni, squash and white beans or a salad
dinner: Salmon and spinach
tea tea tea tea water water water water.....
snacks: hummus or salsa with baked blue corn chips

I execise 3-4 times a week, to the point of being sore.

5''4" tall and weigh between 127-132. My goal would be to loose the gut, firm the thighs and rest of the body and get a butt. I just dont understand why I haven''t lost any weight, My clothes feel about the same too....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results