shape
carat
color
clarity

buying stones at a Canadian Costco?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Buster

Rough_Rock
I happened to look at some rings in Costco today (in Calgary), and discovered that they appear to have fairly high quality rings/ stones for sale, for relatively good prices.

Has anyone looked into Costco? I know you can buy loose stones there and I thought it might be a good bargain.

Many thanks.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I didn't know you could buy loose stones. I think here it's all set into jewelry. I know BJs here (same type of store) has some pretty nice diamond jewelry for really good prices. I'm always tempted to buy something.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi,
Do they have a certificate to go along withthe stone?
is it g.i.a,or e.g.l? did you compare prices on the web?

1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I looked at Costco.com. They offer stones set in basic settings and prices don't look bad. The only problem for comparison is that they do not provide cut info and they have IGI grading reports.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/20/2003 9:26:41 AM leonid wrote:

I looked at Costco.com. They offer stones set in basic settings and prices don't look bad. The only problem for comparison is that they do not provide cut info and they have IGI grading reports.
----------------

I don't know what size you are looking at; but, our Costco here provides a GIA & some cut information on larger/better stones. Their prices are better than most chain B&M stores but more expensive than most on-line vendors. Before the holidays, our Costco had some loose stones. They have a 30 day return policy & encourage people to have an independent appraisal done.

That said, you really can get a better deal from an internet vendor.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for correction, F&A. I just double checked.

This diamond e.g. has IGI appraisal and GIA report:

IGI appraisals are available online and you can find table and depth data there.

For example the first stone above is listed as 1.09 D VS2 60.7% 59% Ex/Vg. Assuming platinum ring cost $300 the price comes to $7,300.

[/u][/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results