shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying stone and getting it appraised today...I need ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mosooma

Rough_Rock
I''m purchashing the stone today. I''ll take it to the appraiser and then take it home with me. I''m using the last appraiser (Gemcorp) listed on the following page: https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers_GA.aspx

My ideal scope should be delivered today so I should be able to post some pics soon. I have some questions and would like some insight.

1. Are there any tips for taking pics with an H&A viewer?
2. Are there any questions that I should definitely ask the appraiser? If so, what?

I thought I had so many more questions but I''m drawing a blank. I''m sure more will come to me. Thanks for your help.

Mosooma

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would ask:

Does it match the report?

Is it well cut? Perform well?

Is it worth what you paid?

I don''t know what clarity it is, but depending, are there any potential problems?

To name a few offhand.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the appraiser you have chosen have ASET, H&A scope. He should be able to get pics from these scopes for you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mosooma

Rough_Rock
I have a couple of images of the stone. The first pic was taken with a red reflector with its own light source below the diamond. The second photo was taken with an Ideal Scope balancing on top of my digital camera with the light source being supplied from overhead lights. I''d like to hear comments and opinions.

Thanks

Mos Scope 1.jpg

Mosooma

Rough_Rock
2nd photo

Mos Scope 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results