shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying side stones-what to check?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearNut

Rough_Rock
I am doing a custom set and am buying five .25ct round stones - they have come in - what should I look for? I have been ''told'' that they are G color and SI1 - he told me that he looked through all the choice to be sure that they match. He also said that he would provide a full appraisal when the job is complete.

When I go to view them - what should I look for? I''ve heard that I shouldn''t expect GIA on side stones.

I will also be getting eight baguettes (size tbd based on the setting) any suggestions on those either just besides how they look to me? or is that enough?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you have an idealscope?

PearNut

Rough_Rock
no I don''t.........

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you are going to actually go through the trouble of picking out the stones, an idealscope would be much more helpful, and economical than getting reports on all of them.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Assuming you are working with a knowledgable and trustworthy vendor, I would let them decide. Choosing matching sidestones is difficult to do and not everyone can/should try to do it themselves (for best results anyway).

In a .25 size, I think I would want them certified.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results