shape
carat
color
clarity

buying setting separate from diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kam

Rough_Rock
I'd like to buy a Tacori ring from a local retailer in my town, but I'd like to get the center stone from an internet retailer to get the best price/quality. Is this possible--will a local retailer normally take a diamond from you when you have chosen not to buy the center stone from them? How does this normally work? Do they send your stone off to Tacori and bear responsibility for it? Maybe these questions are basic, but I'm new to this. Thanks for your help!

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kam,

Buying a setting and diamond seperately is as
easy as pie.

Basically the vast majority of diamond internet sales
are for loose stones. Then the consumer has the option
of purchasing the setting either from the same diamond
vendor, or from a completely different source.

Settings are purely a personal preference, and
can be acquired from allot of other jewellery stores,
which would be happy to set a diamond of your choice
with one of their settings.

Buy Informed!

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Hey Kam,

I too am looking to buy a diamond from the internet and have it set at a local jeweler. I have been searching many jewelers to find one I felt comfortable with. A lot of the jewelers were not happy about this and some flat out said they would not do it.

I finally found the one though. This jeweler said that if I bought the setting from him (I think I am going to get it custom made) then he guarantees the diamond from any breaks or accidents. Of course he needs to inspect the diamond first to make sure it is not a high candidate for breaking. Also he said if I buy the setting somewhere else he would still set it, but would need to charge a little more to offset the insurance cost.

He also said that the chance of something happening to the diamond a slim.

Hope this helps.

Rook

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results