shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying ring and Setting Seperatly..Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

After much research I have come to the conclusion that is in my best interest to buy a loose diamond and then get it set somewhere else.

What has been your experience with buying a ring piece by piece?

Can you recommend any E-stores that have a large selection of platinum settings for my diamond?

I would probably go to the Diamond District in LA to get the stone set.

My strategy is to get the best stone I can and get a rather inexpensive platinum setting.

Any help is appreciated.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You mean you want to get the stone from a website, the setting from another e-shop and get the diamond set in LA?
I don't think many jewelers would do it if you don't but the setting from them. It is not in their interest.
Otherwise many of them are very likely to charge you an outrangeously high fee.

Have you had a look at local settings? You might find a nice one near you! Otherwise consider SERIOUSLY getting stone+mountings from the same seller... In this way you'll be protected, should the stone crack during the setting process.
1.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
After much research I have come to the conclusion that is in my best interest to buy a loose diamond and then get it set somewhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Why would you say it is in your best interest? I think that the opposite is true! Especially if you have a third vendor set it? Can you give your reasons for this thinking?

I am having a stone remounted in the LA Jewelry Mart tomorrow, but it is that vendor's fairly pricey setting, so they have a vested interest in making sure that they do a great job setting it, since my wearing the setting is free advertising for them and their fine craftsmanship.

Just my 2 cents.
10.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
-----------------------------------------------------------

Why would you say it is in your best interest? I think that the opposite is true! Especially if you have a third vendor set it? Can you give your reasons for this thinking?

I am having a stone remounted in the LA Jewelry Mart tomorrow, but it is that vendor's fairly pricey setting, so they have a vested interest in making sure that they do a great job setting it, since my wearing the setting is free advertising for them and their fine craftsmanship.

Just my 2 cents.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results