shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Ring and Diamond - Should I have it set by WF?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dummy68

Rough_Rock
I''m buying a diamond and a setting from WF. Should I have them set it for me or wait and have it verified before I set it? Can I have it verified while set? What is the best practice?

Thank you!

jcarrey4

Rough_Rock
I''m in the same boat, so, I''m going to piggyback and ask another related:

I thought I''d do the following due to liabilities, etc: Get the loose diamond shipped to me, get it appraised, send it back, get it set, get it sent to me again, get it re-checked for authenticity.

They said the transit time alone would be a week each time, doe to the way they need it sent, insurance-wise.

So, my thought is to try to find a good-priced setting around here, buy the rock from them (cheaper!) and have it set by whomever I buy the setting from.

Any suggestions for us?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, absolutely have wf set the stone, it will be insured that way. they send an independent letter of verification so there is no reason to have another verification done.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2006 7:03:13 PM
Author: belle
yes, absolutely have wf set the stone, it will be insured that way. they send an independent letter of verification so there is no reason to have another verification done.
I 100% agree. It is safest to have them set the stone and they''ll send what you need for insurance. The certificate is your thrid party verification of the grading of the stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results