shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Pear Engagement ring on EBAY! Please give OPINIONS!!!

ACW7175

Rough_Rock
i have been searching around online for a nice pear engagement ring with tapered baugettes. I have a great deal( or arleast i think so) on EBAY. Should i bite on this ring or keep shopping. Maybe go through a online retailer [Bluenile, Whiteflash ect...]

1.40 carat total weight pear shape diamond engagement ring will come to you with certified GIA appraisal papers. 1.08 carat center diamond VS Color H-I and the baguettes are .40 carat VS color H-I.

I can get the ring for $3800
The company has a reutrn policy so i can return if it isnt up to standards.. LEt me know... Any feedback is appreciated..

Im new to diamond buying. I want a nice diamond but dont want to pay full retail.

ACW7175

Rough_Rock
Re: Buying Pear Engagement ring on EBAY! Please give OPINION

[code][/code]

ACW7175

Rough_Rock

<table border="0" width="405" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="http://w1090.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2kxMDkwLnBob3RvYnVja2V0LmNvbS9hbGJ1bXMvaTM2NC9hd2FnbGV5MTAxLzk5NDkuanBn" width="405" height="331"/></td></tr></table>

ACW7175

Rough_Rock

How do i post pictures of the ring???????? someone please help... im new to this forum....

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

when you reply click on the (insert image from server) to upload the image from your computer to the server here. then click on the image after it's load

ACW7175

Rough_Rock

i hope this works... Give me some constrictive critisisim

9949.jpg

9949q.jpg

9949i.jpg

9949i.jpg

9949q.jpg

9949.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would only buy a diamond from ebay that had a lab report from a respected lab, not only a "GIA appraisal" which is often not worth the paper it is printed on when it comes to knowing what you are getting. So I would pass on this one. There are other requiremens I personally have for buying on ebay (just made my firs tpurchase actually), but that is the most basic and is not met in this case.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ditto Dreamer - GIA doesn't endorse anything a GIA Graduate Gemologist says. For an important piece like an engagement ring an actual GIA report from GIA lab would be a requirement for me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Honestly, IMO its not a very pretty pear. The cut/faceting pattern dont look that good.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333|1312322667|2982603 said:
Here is one (it is an SI2 but it looks pretty decent) that should leave enough money for a nice setting.
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI2-Premium-Cut-Pear-Diamond-1351369.asp

Edit
Here is a baguette setting like you are looking at. I'm sure they can make this for a pear.
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/-18k-White-Gold-Tapered-Baguette-Diamond-Engagement-Ring.html

Oh I like that one - that's such a pretty shape! And it's not facet mush. And it does say that they can make that setting for a pear, under "additional information".

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1312324127|2982620 said:
tyty333|1312322667|2982603 said:
Here is one (it is an SI2 but it looks pretty decent) that should leave enough money for a nice setting.
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI2-Premium-Cut-Pear-Diamond-1351369.asp

Edit
Here is a baguette setting like you are looking at. I'm sure they can make this for a pear.
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/-18k-White-Gold-Tapered-Baguette-Diamond-Engagement-Ring.html

Oh I like that one - that's such a pretty shape! And it's not facet mush. And it does say that they can make that setting for a pear, under "additional information".

This is a much better choice-great find, tyty! That's a beautiful pear and a fantastic price!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

As a trades-person I can't make any comment about a specific stone or seller- so I'll speak in general terms.
One of the things I find so very frustrating is the misuse of terminology on the part of sellers.
GIA issues reports- not appraisals. I feel very strongly that sellers should know the difference- and educate their potential buyers.
Instead what I see a lot of is sellers using the terms incorrectly in an attempt to confuse readers. For me, that alone is enough to cause me to question the validity of anything else that seller is saying.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

There is a very nice Pear three stone on sale by a PSer. It's from Facets and it too is 3500. I don't know if I can post think though.

That pear isn't very attractive though. I'd pass.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Gypsy|1312326216|2982653 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1-5ct-OLD-PEAR-DIAMOND-SOLITAIRE-BAND-RING-1960-/230444983916?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a797666c Pear worth a second glance on ebay. One of the few (if not the only one).

I've seen (and been intrigued by) that old pear. It's been listed for months. (maybe years?) The setting probably scares folks (ha), but if anyone is looking for an old cut pear, it's one to check out.

I'd definitely pass on that first pear.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Rockdiamond|1312325459|2982639 said:
One of the things I find so very frustrating is the misuse of terminology on the part of sellers.
GIA issues reports- not appraisals.

Yep, and it's frustrating to see "GIA" bandied about with such disregard for accuracy. I have not seen the listing for this particular pear, so I'm guessing the seller is trying to indicate a GIA grading report, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Good idea posting pics here for input.

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock

I'm going to agree w/ the other commenters and say you should pass on this one...for all of the reasons stated. Also, I think you can find a nicer looking stone and ring for your budget.

For example...what about something like this ring? I know the center is a yellow diamond and you may prefer white. But if you contact Mark they can probably find something similar to what you are looking for in your budget.

http://www.markbroumand.com/product/176ct-Fancy-Light-Yellow-Pear-Shape-Diamond-Engagement-Anniversary-Ring__2418-1D1982215.aspx

Editing to add: I'm not suggesting the poster buy this actual ring...it was just an example that there are other reputable vendors people here on PS have used (outside of ebay) who he may be interested in checking out for what he is looking for.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

bigdiamondtinygal|1312329231|2982682 said:
I'm going to agree w/ the other commenters and say you should pass on this one...for all of the reasons stated. Also, I think you can find a nicer looking stone and ring for your budget.

For example...what about something like this ring? I know the center is a yellow diamond and you may prefer white. But if you contact Mark they can probably find something similar to what you are looking for in your budget.

http://www.markbroumand.com/product/176ct-Fancy-Light-Yellow-Pear-Shape-Diamond-Engagement-Anniversary-Ring__2418-1D1982215.aspx

Clarity is I1. Pass.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333|1312322158|2982596 said:
Honestly, IMO its not a very pretty pear. The cut/faceting pattern dont look that good.

Gah! That should be "doesn't look that good". What was I thinking???

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ACW7175|1312315594|2982512 said:
i have been searching around online for a nice pear engagement ring with tapered baugettes. I have a great deal( or arleast i think so) on EBAY. Should i bite on this ring or keep shopping. Maybe go through a online retailer [Bluenile, Whiteflash ect...]

1.40 carat total weight pear shape diamond engagement ring will come to you with certified GIA appraisal papers. 1.08 carat center diamond VS Color H-I and the baguettes are .40 carat VS color H-I.

I can get the ring for $3800
The company has a reutrn policy so i can return if it isnt up to standards.. LEt me know... Any feedback is appreciated..

Im new to diamond buying. I want a nice diamond but dont want to pay full retail.
GIA does not do appraisals... :nono:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

1. I would not buy any diamond (especially on EBay) without a GIA or AGS certificate

2. from the pictures, I am not a fan of the faceting and the color the pear is showing.

ACW7175

Rough_Rock

THANKS for everyones opinion... i am new to this diamond buying game...
The ring looked ok to me but i was weary to buy with out the offical certification..
I will be looking around more for some better deals on prettier diamonds... i will post here an hope to get the same GREAT feedback..

Saved me from making a bad decision..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results