shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying over the internet, care to share yr experience anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

james100

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I wanted to find out if anyone has bought diamonds over the internet and in particular those based in singapore and would like to share their experiences ? What were their considerations and which vendors did they buy from? Did you send for appraisal too?

I have gone to several sites and do like what I see but hope to hear some advise before I embark on my own adventure.

Thanks,

appl.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
James100,

There were quite a few posts on this board about buying experience in Singapore.

Try to search the forum for using "Singapore" keyword.

astoll

Rough_Rock
I bought from WhiteFlash; they got me something virtually no one else could find, and the price I know was extremely fair, because I've ben dealing with "wholesalers" in the heart of the diamond district in NYC.

phantom

Rough_Rock
Do you have to pay sales tax when buying from Whiteflash or any other website? I see that as a major savings If I'm spending 3k on a diamond, that like $300 off. I also live in NYC and some dealers say that if I can pay in cash, that they'll forget about the sales tax. That's great, but I'm afraid to pay in cash, because anything can go wrong.
eek.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I don't live in Singapore. I bought from White Flash and I understand they ship frequently to Asian countries. White Flash has a good refund/return period and offers life-time upgrades on every diamond they sell.

Phantom, you have to watch about The District in NYC. Several posters have mentioned a couple reputable dealers there, and some scam artists. Be very careful doing business there.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cowboy Stu bought online from Singapore, don't recall offhand which vendor he used??? Maybe GOG? You can search on his name and find more info. He was based in Singapore but was an American..he is now back in the US.

Also flowerpower is in Singapore, though I don't know where she bought her ring or if she has yet. There are also a few others who post from Singapore as well, some who were considering online shopping. Would 2nd Leo's motion...run a search and see what comes up.

Definitely some of the online vendors will sell to international countries...and I would highly advise to not pay cash--as yes that could be an issue waiting to happen!! Watch those NYC diamond dealers, read previous posts on that whole thing as well.

james100

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys,
will check them out as suggested!

Cheers!
James
wavey.gif

Lizzie

Rough_Rock
Hi James

I live in Singapore. I got my diamond online and got it set in Singapore. It is beautiful. No regrets about the diamond.

james100

Rough_Rock
Hi Lizzie,
Send you an email and PMed you earlier.
Who did you buy it from? and would you mind sharing with me the details and also where in singapore did you get the ring set/

thks,
J
wavey.gif
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results