shape
carat
color
clarity

buying on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tdekk

Rough_Rock
I priced out a diamond at Spence Diamond''s today, and then I read on this forum that they can be up to twice the price as buying on the internet.(I am refering to the Canadian chain). Were is a good place to shop for a daimond online? One were dealing with Canadian clients won''t be a problem, Oh ya, I am looking for smaller sizes, 33 to 50 points.

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
Usacerted, despite the name, is located in Canada and has a website. They are well known here and you should find many testimonials for them. I believe most of the other web vendors would have no problem shipping to Canada, but Canadian taxes could add to the price and you have to take that into account. You could also run a google search for Canadian diamond brokers with websites, I'm sure there have to be many that just haven't made it into pricescope's radar yet, but be sure to carefully check them out before you purchase.

rockshock

Rough_Rock
I also went into Spence and actually ordered a ring. Fortunately (as it turns out NOW!) they had a problem building the ring the way that I wanted. The salesperson wasn't resourceful enough to get ahold of me in time to get the problem sorted for my gf's birthday. So, I was pretty upset, but now I'm not.

And the reason is because I found this website and realised I made a lucky escape. I will be getting a much larger diamond, a better quality diamond, and will be saving $$$ to boot.

But, what I have to find out now, is where I can take the diamond to get it set. I've read horror stories about the dangers of jewellers trying to sell your their diamonds, chipping the diamond, switching your diamond for one of lower quality, etc.

I would be interested in anyone's experience in the Toronto area.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results