shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying on the internet; Igloo anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

delta_v

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
First, a little background; I''ve been shopping around for a stone for the past couple of months to go with the very nice ring that a local goldsmith is making for me. I was initially going to go with a stone that she sourced for me but when it arrived we rejected it as it had a feather a little too big and close to the girdle for comfort. Since then, she has been unable to source any ideal cut Canadian diamonds so I''ve taken to looking at various online sellers. Time is running out to have things ready for my original proposal date so I''m under some pressure but don''t want to make a hasty decision.

I''ve been in contact with Todd from Niceice.com and he''s located a stone through a cutter he deals with that is currently out with another jeweler. With any luck he can get his hands on it and sell it to me (provided it meets his quality standards). I have no reservations about buying from him as he is a contributor here who has received many excellent reviews. If he can''t, though, I''ve got another option through diamonds.ca AKA Igloo diamonds as I''d really like to get this done.

What I''d like to know is if anyone here has had any experience with them. Any concerns? A search didn''t reveal very much information so I figured I''d throw this out there and see what came back.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi delta,

I've not heard of them. I looked briefly on their site, and saw they carry AGS and GIA stones, so that's good. However, in reading their policies, it says their money back gaurantee does NOT apply to those outside of the USA. Not sure where you're located. Also, their return period is 7 days, kinda short, though it does sound like they might extend it in certain cases....

Have you checked out Goodoldgold? they sell canadian diamonds. And they also have a lifetime upgrade policy, whiich I don't see on the other. And a 30 trial period.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results