shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying in the US from Australia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kkaramacoska

Rough_Rock
Help please!!
Im in remote Australia and Ive been looking at diamonds in the US, they seem to be much cheaper and far better quality than what I can get here, But im scared out of my mind! Is it safe? and will I get what the certificate says??? I have found a store in ny that has EXACTLY what I want but Im not sure if I can name the store, am I allowed to do that? I was hoping other people who have brought from the same store could give me some feedback. Also does anyone know what kind of taxes or fees I will be paying to get the diamond/ring sent over here to me??? will it in fact be cheaper or does it work out the same?
If anyone can help it would be greatly appriciated! I am lost, all I can get here is g colour SI1, and SI2 in our budget and I was really hoping for at least a VS2. hoping for around 0.70 carats but these stones are 0.50 our budget is $4500 AUD.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hello,

I am aussie and there are a bunch of other members on the forum - all your questions are easily answered, don''t worry.

I would move this or post a-new in RockyTalk as this section of the forum gets the least traffic often.

To answer your question - yes you will get exactly what you pay for, a better deal than you can get in Au and also exactly what is on the cert - **IF** you shop with a PS recommended vendor. I don''t know who you are dealing with in NY, but unless its someone with alot of great feedback here I would move on to a tried and tested true vendor.

Don''t rush - hang around and learn about cut - clarity and colour of a diamond are secondary when it comes to the actual cut (not shape, the proportions and angles) to maximise performance and sparkle/fire/beauty.

I can and will fill you in on the tax questions if need be - but its been asked and answered many times here - just use the search box for "import fees Australia" or variations of, you will find the answer.

kkaramacoska

Rough_Rock
Oh thankyou so much for your advise!!! I was soooooo petrified!
I will go to the other section you suggested. Um, I cant seem to find much feedback from this shop in NY. Do you know anyone else in the states that sell sells Scott Kay rings online??? This place had the ring setting which was 18K white gold for $2000 and a 0.73 Asscher stone, D colour VVS2, excellent cut GIA certified for $2800 AUD which I thought was unbelievable!!! As I mentioned, the best I can get here in Broome is a 0.50 g G VS1 stone with a replica of the setting I want (which may or may not be the same) I have no idea about cut and polish and its $5200!!!!
On one hand I thick I should I should just go with that since its in my town and I can see the ring in person etc etc etc, on the other hand I look at the US stones and feel so ripped off that they are so much bigger and better for pretty much the same price.
Thanks again, I will look at the taxes and fees as you suggested also.
Muchly appreciated!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results