shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying in Antwerp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

venth_BE

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I''m new to this forum so apologies if this is covered in another thread.

Basically I''m British but living in Belgium, and live about 30 minutes drive from Antwerp. Well I''m thinking of buying a diamond for an engagment ring. Does anyone have any experience of buying in Antwerp? Is it just full of tourist traps? Any hints and tips of what to look out for and what to avoid? Or can you point me in the direction of a guide which can give me this info.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

Paul Slegers is your man! He resides in Antwerp and is a highly respected diamond expert. Here is a thread by Queen Mum who has purchased from him, Paul also posts here when he can and his input is very valuable.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-gentleman-in-antwerp.14293/=

Apart from that, there are many places in Antwerp you can purchase from. Someone like Paul can guide you through the whole process, but there are pitfalls for the unwary, like with anything when shopping in the diamond district there. If you plan to purchase under your own judgement, you would be well served in reading the tutorials to learn about cut, as this is what gives a diamond it's beauty. I promise you it will be time well spent.

Hope this helps!

venth_BE

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results