shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying gemstones in Bangkok

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I''m planning a trip to Bangkok in July and would LOVE to get some gemstones there but have heard horror stories about scams. Can anyone recommend a reliable gem store vendor in Bangkok? Thanks!

FinewaterGems

Rough_Rock
Trade
I can recommend Scott Davies at http://www.americanthai.com/ - he''s an American living in Bangkok. I bought some mawsitsit the last time I was there, and they were very patient while I sorted through their inventory. They have a small office in the Jewelry Trade Center in the Silom area (right next door to the Silom Holiday Inn Hotel). There are lots of other dealers in that building and in the general area (I cannot vouch for any others) but it''s fun to walk around and go window shopping.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Gary,
I just took a look at his website. What do you think about those parcels of pink and reddish pink spinels he is selling? Cut, color, quality, etc?

FinewaterGems

Rough_Rock
Trade
It''s hard to tell. The color looks OK, but these stones are so small (basically melee) that it would be virtually impossible to judge cut or quality from the picture. They could make for an interesting jewelry piece if you could find someone willing to set such small stones!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 9:54:09 PM
Author: FinewaterGems
It''s hard to tell. The color looks OK, but these stones are so small (basically melee) that it would be virtually impossible to judge cut or quality from the picture. They could make for an interesting jewelry piece if you could find someone willing to set such small stones!
That''s what I thought too!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation! I''m going to check out his website right now.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet''s ring from Brian Gavin has yogos that are 2.5mm so those spinels would work for something! It would be cool to go to his shop in person and see what he has for sale. Chiapet, check out those spinel parcels when you are there!

americanthai

Rough_Rock
Greetings! Our shop is on the ground floor of JTC''s Silom Galleria, next to the Holiday Inn. Office phone is 02-630-0108, cell is 081-330-4640. Weekday afternoons are best. We have what we feel is a wide and interesting range of gems on offer, and our pricing is competitive. Thank you, Scott Davies, American-Thai Trading, Bangkok.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results