shape
carat
color
clarity

buying from the internet???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

June8

Rough_Rock
hi again everyone,
i'm looking to buy a radiant or princess, 1.5-1.7 carat.from everything i've learned, with fancy shapes you can't judge from the numbers alone. and most of the stones i found do not provide all the specifications. how can i determine what the stone looks like if i'm buying from a website? what's the difference between GIA, AGA, EGL and others? is one more trust worthy than another?also, is there anything i can do to ensure a secure setting? i'll just getting a simple solitaire 4 prong platinum setting, from the website that i buy the diamond from. but i'm worried about a bad setting and losing the stone in the future.did anyone on this site have any experience with USACertedDiamonds.com? i think they are based in canada. honest opinions and experiences only please!
smile.gif
thanks again. this really is the most helpful website ever!

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
I purchased from USACerted last July. Some of the best prices on the internet and I searched a lot! In my opinion, I didn't care for their "flashy" web presentation (even their e-mails to me were full of color and flash). However, Martin was great to deal with and sent me lab reports as requested, etc.I think some other vendors provide more analysis on the front end (ie. b'scope reports, maybe firescope, sarin repts, etc.). However, I know Martin will send any diamond you select to an appraiser (I know he'll send to rockdoc and maybe others) for a complete analysis. It will be an additional cost, but in my opinion its worth it.Overall, I had a very good experience with Martin and again thought they had some of the best prices.Good luck,E

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results