shape
carat
color
clarity

buying from Takahashi

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! Wondered if someone could give me a rundown on how Takahashi works, I have never contacted for purchased before. Do you message them in IG? Will they give you options and prices that way? Then how do you pay them?

Also when you choose the pearls will they string them for you or set them as studs or is that something you have to do yourself?

Thanks!!

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Hello! Wondered if someone could give me a rundown on how Takahashi works, I have never contacted for purchased before. Do you message them in IG? Will they give you options and prices that way? Then how do you pay them?

Also when you choose the pearls will they string them for you or set them as studs or is that something you have to do yourself?

Thanks!!

Yes, communicate with them on IG. Be patient, Yy will respond, but they are a wholesale supplier first and foremost — this is a side gig for them.

Tell them what you are looking for and ask prices. They have various tiers of product so be clear if you want the best they have (ie: Gem) or if you are looking for a better deal ie: Gem luster with minor flaw (Ask if it can be covered up by the cup on stud, if flaw is noticeable when worn, etc).

i recommend asking for like 3+ options to pick from of things they recommend… and also ask Yy her favorite from those options. She and Mr. Seki have great eyes and they see things in person that the photos do not capture. I don’t always pick their absolute favorite (Last time Yy said her favorites were 1 and 2… but she liked 1 a bit more —- I went with 2 that time).

Make sure all pearls you are considering/comparing are in the SAME photo. Cannot compare across photos at all.

They take payment via wire or paypal.

No returns allowed. Shipping is fedex insured at $115 or DHL uninsured at $35. You assume risk if DHL.

They will drill the pearls as you request. If you want, they have stud settings and necklace clasp options for sale. They will assemble the stud/necklace if you want. I have been told their settings/clasps are very good quality but the pricing there is Fair — not a deal like the pearls are.

If you are in the US, be aware there may be duties/taxes from importing. Finished goods are supposedly taxed higher but i’m not sure of diffference.

Last edited:

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, communicate with them on IG. Be patient, Yy will respond, but they are a wholesale supplier first and foremost — this is a side gig for them.

Tell them what you are looking for and ask prices. They have various tiers of product so be clear if you want the best they have (ie: Gem) or if you are looking for a better deal ie: Gem luster with minor flaw (Ask if it can be covered up by the cup on stud, if flaw is noticeable when worn, etc).

i recommend asking for like 3+ options to pick from of things they recommend… and also ask Yy her favorite from those options. She and Mr. Seki have great eyes and they see things in person that the photos do not capture. I don’t always pick their absolute favorite (Last time Yy said her favorites were 1 and 2… but she liked 1 a bit more —- I went with 2 that time).

Make sure all pearls you are considering/comparing are in the SAME photo. Cannot compare across photos at all.

They take payment via wire or paypal.

No returns allowed. Shipping is fedex insured at $115 or DHL uninsured at $35. You assume risk if DHL.

They will drill the pearls as you request. If you want, they have stud settings and necklace clasp options for sale. They will assemble the stud/necklace if you want. I have been told their settings/clasps are very good quality but the pricing there is Fair — not a deal like the pearls are.

If you are in the US, be aware there may be duties/taxes from importing. Finished goods are supposedly taxed higher but i’m not sure of diffference.

thank you so much!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have only made one purchase with them so far, a pair of mis-matched drops with one each of Tahitian and white South Sea pearls, and it was very easy.

I saw what I liked on their IG page, messaged them via IG, got the price, agreed on the price and how they should be drilled, they sent me a payment link in USD which included shipping, I paid it, and a few days later, I received them.

Great communications and fast ship, can't fault them.

DK :))

Raspberry

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the hijack…What’s the difference between their two IG handles? Is there a better one to message?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the hijack…What’s the difference between their two IG handles? Is there a better one to message?

I asked that question before, and was informed both handles work, so I check both nowadays.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results