shape
carat
color
clarity

buying from Canada

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darkwing_1978

Rough_Rock
I am so happy to have found this incredibly helpful board which I know is going to be the foundation for buying my girlfriends engagment ring!

I am in the first stage of trying to sort out exactly what I'm looking for, budget ect, and I have an approximate timeframe of about 6 months, and a budget of approx 5000.00 Canadian.

My biggest question now is basically, what is the best place for a Canadian to buy a loose diamond online? I have been to Spence diamonds in Toronto, and while they offer fantastic service, their prices definitely reflect that as they are typically about twice as much as loose diamonds online.

Has anyone from Canada had a good experience purchasing a diamond online either from a Canadian retailer or elsewhere?

I appreciate any help!! :tongue:

Chris

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
You can buy online no problem. Just keep in mind that officially you have to pay custom excise tax plus GST and PST.

Check also www.usacerteddiamonds.com - they operate from Thornhill, Canada

darkwing_1978

Rough_Rock
Thanks Leonid,

I went and checked Martin's site and downloaded his guide - tons of great information in there. I think I'll give him a call on Monday! :)

Chris

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Glad you were not distructed by his site design :)

Let us know how it'll work out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results