shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying from B2C Jewels?

ja15

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchased from B2C Jewels before? What are your thoughts on them? Have you spoken to their gemmologists before?

Do they really have the diamonds in-house? They have pictures of diamonds now. They seem very reasonably priced for what I'm looking for.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have never bought from B2C before, but I've read on here they are a quality vendor and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. One of their representatives (not sure of his role in the company) posts here fairly regularly. You can do a search and read other threads about the services they provide, but if I'm remembering correctly they provide pics and scans of the stones.

Xzuix

Rough_Rock
yeah, i'm curious too, anyone? (sorry that didn't answer your question)

ja15

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know what the representatives name is? I'd like to see their old posts.

Thanks.

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Hi I bought from them a few months ago, I was very happy with my purchase and experience. I would ask for Jerry, he was very helpful, I asked to work with him personally after reading another positive review about him, he was very prompt and always got back to me and answered all of my many questions. I would buy from them again. I don't know if they have diamonds in house, they may, you can ask that, I know mine was not (it was a GIA which was shipped from overseas in record time!) The diamond you see in my avatar I got from them, I love it! It was a GIA one that was not originally listed on their web site, so you can tell them what you are looking for and they can find things as well if they don't have what you are looking for listed. I can't wait to finally get mine set! I also did a wire transfer with them, they walked me through the process, it was very easy, and got a 2% discount for doing the wire transfer. They have a trade up policy (not that I ever see myself trading in) and no tax since it's online (unless you live in NY where they're office is located). I would definitely buy from them again, they had great prices (I couldn't find better for a new GIA and I looked hard!) and I got exactly what I was looking for, they also have a 30 day return policy so you can buy with confidence, I think you will be happy, I was!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello ja15.

I believe you are referencing me?

My name is Brian.

ja15

Rough_Rock
Hi Brian.

Are there any prosumers or consumers that'd like to chirp in?

ja15

Rough_Rock
I don't know what's going on here, but I just called B2C and the representative told me Brian left the company when I asked to speak to him. I said how could he be gone when he's posting online? Nope. Brian has left the company.

When I informed him Brian was posting online *today* for B2C, he told me Brian is an outside consultant and doesn't work in the office full-time. He just helps train the staff.

I think the rep is perhaps just a touch overzealous. I don't know what's going on here but it doesn't put my mind at ease...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, that is very weird.

I think B2C is a drop shipper but they may have some stock on hand. They have actual diamond images of some diamonds, and those are easier to consider. Stones without images are likely from a supplier list. But they will call a stone in, and I believe they will usually do an idealscope image and a picture if asked. So they are worth considering if you are willing to do some screening work and know what to eliminate even when the images come in.

ja15

Rough_Rock
Hm. Yea. The first rep I spoke to said the diamond was from "overseas stock". I was then transferred to a second rep; one who had e-mailed me previously with an Aset (and who said Brian had left). This second rep said the diamond was "in-house".

It still looks like a pretty stone. It has very strong blue flouro though, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't overblue or milky. I know it's rare but it does happen. Both reps, reading from a script a gemmologist had prepared, told me the strong blue does not produce any negative effects. Aset, GIA cert and picture are attached.

Any comments are appreciated. It's just the inconsistencies make me weary about whether the VSB is going to be a problem. The stone is supposed to be eye clean too.

b2c_picture.jpg

b2c_aset_1.jpg

Attachments

• b2c_gia.pdf
    538.5 KB · Views: 71

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Ask for Jerry, as I said... I also prefer to deal only by email (up until payment I called for wire info, but he emailed the instructions as well) that way EVERYTHING is in writing, less confusion that way...

If you are not happy with the stone, if you feel the VSB makes it milky, you have the option of one free return. I personally love the blue fluoro, won't buy a stone without, they are usually discounted more, face up whiter, and how cool is it to have something that naturally glows blue in sunlight. JMO though :) Both of mine happen to be medium fluoro though, but as along as it wasn't milky I would buy a strong blue, they should be able to tell you that, if it is overseas they can communicate with the gemologist who has it- it just may take a day to hear back about it.

I had a fine experience with them, but I can understand why you are a bit weirded out, it would weird me out a bit if they said that someone who just posted on PS today above for them didn't work there anymore, I insisted on dealing with Jerry from the get go b/c I read good things about him specifically in online reviews, and I had seen a few negative review post about people not getting back to them or whatever so I didn't want to take the chance of getting potentially irritated with someone else and asked for him and said that I would wait for him till he was in the next day. Once I started talking to him I was very happy and had a fine experience with them and would buy from them (him) again.

In the meantime you can always put the stone on hold as well while you wait to hear more about it. (I had a stone on hold, there is no charge for this, and my hold was more than 24 hrs., I think it was actually a few days because I was waiting for funds so I could do a wire transfer) There is nothing wrong with it being overseas if it is, just let them know you are concerned that the VSB may give it a milky appearance and ask if that is the case and you want it verified whether or not that's the case with the gemologist who has the actual stone in front of them.

*Again, communicate by email, that way everything is in writing!!* You can also always reference back to it as well that way, which you can't if you have a phone convo.

I have bought from BlueNile as well, but I found B2C prices to be better, so I would buy from B2C again, and probably would not buy from Blue Nile again, because the B2C prices were just better IMO.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Low clarity and VSB isn't always the best combination. I don't know about how the internal graining and the fluoro would work together, but I have read here that there can be a greater chance of negative effects with a lower clarity stone. I had a VS1 with strong blue, and it had no problems at all.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ja15|1403037967|3695189 said:
Does anyone know what the representatives name is? I'd like to see their old posts.

Ja15, when you asked for me before, I should have mentioned that you can click on ‘all users posts’ next to my avatar to do this.

ja15|1403135614|3696115 said:
I don't know what's going on here, but I just called B2C and the representative told me Brian left the company when I asked to speak to him. I said how could he be gone when he's posting online? Nope. Brian has left the company. When I informed him Brian was posting online *today* for B2C, he told me Brian is an outside consultant and doesn't work in the office full-time. He just helps train the staff. I think the rep is perhaps just a touch overzealous. I don't know what's going on here but it doesn't put my mind at ease...
It’s likely a miscommunication. My fiancee has a family crisis and I accompanied her to Poland abruptly last week (I’m posting from Czestochowa). We did cancel training sessions indefinitely until I return, so that might have been lost in translation if it wasn’t made clear. I’m in touch regularly with management, and have emailed the team leader to alert him to the misunderstanding.

My role for B2C: I’m providing training internally as well as being a presence here, to field B2C comments/concerns as needed and provide everyone there with feedback intended to sharper our clients' experiences. PriceScope is an amazing community and I thoroughly enjoy participating.

Also: B2C is not a “drop shipper” in the style of never seeing the diamond. There is in-house inventory, as well as a larger global inventory list. Nothing is “drop shipped” however. Any diamond is brought in for inspection and QC prior to being sold.

Hope this helps.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a lovely diamond wedding band and was pleased with it.. it was in the 500.00$ range not a stone per se.

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Well explained Diamondhawk, makes sense now, I had a good experience with you guys, thank you!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
jillianfl|1403188191|3696472 said:
Well explained Diamondhawk, makes sense now, I had a good experience with you guys, thank you!

Jillian, that’s great to hear!

To follow-up: I reached my colleagues and apparently there was indeed a rep named Brian who no longer works there. Since I am never asked-for in that department it confused the team. They now have permission to provide my B2C email to anyone asking, and I’ll try to reply while traveling.

ja15

Rough_Rock
Thanks Brian. This really did make me nervous.

So all of the stones are shipped to B2C for quality control before being shipped to the consumer?

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
I know Brian will write back and give you the official detailed info, but oh yes, mine came from overseas but it still arrived there to B2C first for them to check and prepare to send to me and then it was shipped to me from B2C with the GIA cert and B2C paperwork all together, and was sent in a bigger box that is not recognizeable aka no one is going to suspect there is a box with a loose diamond inside which is a good thing. And it was still amazingly fast, definitely less than a week, I think they overnighted it to me once it reached the B2C office from overseas as well. I don't remember exactly, but it was crazy fast. And it was way more beautiful in person than in the picture!

sh00termcgav1n

Rough_Rock
FWIW, I'm currently waiting on a ring from B2C.

Experience so far has been positive, the diamond itself is coming from one of their vendors in Asia, but is now in their possession as they're setting it.

Lead time is longer than what was originally quoted on the website however. I hope this is due to the fact that they're doing great work on a complicated halo pave setting.

I will post back once I receive it.

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock
Oooh sounds great can't wait to see it!! Gives you more time to work on an amazingly creative and awesome proposal she will never forget!! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results