shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying engagement ring, think I know what I''m doing....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Logical

Rough_Rock
I''ve been reading a lot of this site and others on what I''m looking for in a diamond, but I''m a little unsure of the difference in sparkle, brilliance, fire, etc. I''ve been looking at diamonds from James Allen and from WhiteFlash and upon examining their ideal scope''s I find it hard to tell what is good or bad. I noticed that the Whiteflash diamonds don''t have a lot of leakage (white), but sometimes the pictures are dark (does that matter?). Also, how much should I focus on the small proportions of the diamond. For example, here is a James Allen diamond I was looking at
KH0402id.jpg
. To me it looks great. But, are the small triangles that face eachother in-between the arrows important? Sometimes they aren''t symetrical. The next diamond looks good to me also, but I''m sure someone can nitpick it.
IS_AGS-7697404.jpg

I''m the kind of person that has to make a fully well informed decision before I make a big purchase and I''m not looking at these two diamonds specifically, but I''m wondering if there is something that I''m not seeing that I should be looking out for. Thanks guys!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Logical

Rough_Rock
wow thanks for that link, really explained more. Amazing differences between the different diamonds.

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
also, take a look at the reviews, tools, resources, here on PS. That should help as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those idealscope pictures were fine. People overanalyze them all the time. The depth of color has more to do with the photography. All A Cut Above stones are going to be fine, and the James Allen one is, too, just different lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results