shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying engagement ring for the UK on limited budget - what are the best options

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
...I have decided to wait and let my partner decide after I have proposed!

ONLY JOKING!! Lol I have placed the order with Blue Nile so it’s now just a matter of waiting for the ring to arrive in time for our long weekend away... it better not get held up in customs!!

The choice of whether to get the sidestone ring or the solitaire was taken away from me at the checkout when it became clear they only had the solitaire in my partners ring size so the Solitaire it was meant to be!!

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to ALL OF YOU for all your help guiding me through this process it has been really enjoyable meeting such a great bunch of people... plus a special thank you to yssie for finding me a beautiful diamond, thank you x

IF, she accepts I promise I will come back and show off some photos with the ring on her finger!

thanks again everybody!! xx

Ah great news! Cant wait to see the hand shots!

johnjo56

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody, Just thought I would drop by and show you the completed ring. It arrived yesterday and I must say using Blue Nile has been nothing short of seamless, no complaints from me!

Really pleased with the ring especially when it is viewed in my kitchen under the halagon lighting, it has a real 'hollywood' sparkle about it.

Its not easy taking a photo though as my iPhone light sensor likes to turn everything a lot yellower looking than it actually is. It isn't a massive stone either so the macro shots are not very well focused. I have done my best and hope you like.

Next weekend I will be in York ready to pop the question with my ring in hand on bended knee so wish me luck and I will come back with the 'ring on finger' shots (hopefully)!

...or I will be looking for your preloved section to sell a very beautiful new but now unwanted diamond ring chosen with the help of you good people! Lol

IMG_4609.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4610.jpg
    IMG_4610.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 8

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everybody, Just thought I would drop by and show you the completed ring. It arrived yesterday and I must say using Blue Nile has been nothing short of seamless, no complaints from me!

Really pleased with the ring especially when it is viewed in my kitchen under the halagon lighting, it has a real 'hollywood' sparkle about it.

Its not easy taking a photo though as my iPhone light sensor likes to turn everything a lot yellower looking than it actually is. It isn't a massive stone either so the macro shots are not very well focused. I have done my best and hope you like.

Next weekend I will be in York ready to pop the question with my ring in hand on bended knee so wish me luck and I will come back with the 'ring on finger' shots (hopefully)!

...or I will be looking for your preloved section to sell a very beautiful new but now unwanted diamond ring chosen with the help of you good people! Lol

IMG_4609.jpg

It’s beautiful! She won’t say no to that ring or the man that so carefully chose it for her. Good luck even so! I can’t wait to hear her reaction and see it on her hand.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You did a great job - it looks beautiful. Congrats!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
You did a great job choosing, such a perfectly classic stone. Good luck! As the good old Glaswegians say - Gie’in It Laldy & Gaun Yersel!

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
It’s simply beautiful and so fabulously researched and painstakingly chosen by you, just for her - I am sure she will be blown away

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous and will look even more lovely adorning a finger. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_4609.jpg

It's beautiful!!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful and classic. Best of luck with the proposal. Take care of each other - be each other’s best friends - and life will be the easier.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!! Well done!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks wonderful!!

Please do come back and tell us about the rest of the story and the happy ending :appl: :bigsmile:

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Absolute perfection!! It's stunning :appl:

johnjo56

Rough_Rock
...Well she only went and said YES!! I proposed last night outside York Minster under an old Victorian street lamp. It was a lovely setting.

She absolutely LOVES her ring and it looks even better on her finger, it looks gorgeous.

I had no idea what her ring size was so I took a calculated guess and it fits her perfectly first time.

Thanks again everybody it’s worked out perfectly xx

I suppose I had better show you some finger pics then lol

13B5A6D6-2A89-4330-B447-94E4C9C2C9E7.jpeg

Attachments

• C5256258-821B-4AB0-94FC-F6A66AAC9CD7.jpeg
    C5256258-821B-4AB0-94FC-F6A66AAC9CD7.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 077A6E38-9F2D-4F2A-98BC-62CF850E276C.jpeg
    077A6E38-9F2D-4F2A-98BC-62CF850E276C.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 6

johnjo56

Rough_Rock
I also have to thank the guesthouse where we are staying. We told them the great news this morning at breakfast and we came back to our room earlier this afternoon to find this home baked heart shape cake with a lovely note wishing us congratulations on our engagement, I lovely lovely touch.

D12E7087-4106-4BB9-985D-90CE7C9CD118.jpeg

Attachments

• 85AE868C-604F-4F6B-9CEE-30CA23B26F4F.jpeg
    85AE868C-604F-4F6B-9CEE-30CA23B26F4F.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 74256B2C-BC5E-444E-95DE-9B0DEA69FAA9.jpeg
    74256B2C-BC5E-444E-95DE-9B0DEA69FAA9.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 5

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

johnjo56

Rough_Rock
I forgot to mention that I have also found a great promo code that got me £100 knocked off a £1000 + spend! Not sure if it’s still valid or not worth a try if your planning on spending that kind of figure.

Promo code: DPRO7DZ3QWT

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous -- wonderfully reflects the time and attention you gave to this mission, and your love for her!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, your effort paid off and wishing you both health and happiness for the future.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It looks beautiful on her finger and it sounds like you had a romantic proposal weekend!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Congratulations!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you both, your fiancé ring is beautiful and I’m so glad she loves it too.

Congratulations on your engagement! The ring looks beautiful. And what a lovely surprise from the guesthouse owners. Best wishes to you and your fiance!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to read this! What a special weekend, you will remember it forever. And the ring looks absolutely perfect on her finger. Classic.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing on her! Huge congratulations to you both!

sparkle175

Rough_Rock
Congrats and the diamond does NOT look small. Is that a .30? Looks very lovely and how cute was that congrats heart cake.

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Huge congratulations. The ring you chose for her is beautiful

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

DK :appl:

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for coming back with photos! It looks perfect on her, congratulations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results