shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying diamonds on the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2carrots

Rough_Rock
Is an AGS 000 diamond with good HCA scores a sure bet if I decide to shop by specs. on the Internet?

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 11/12/2002 10:56:39 PM

Is an AGS 000 diamond with good HCA scores a sure bet if I decide to shop by specs. on the Internet?
----------------

I know the answer to that because I just bought an AGS 000 with HCA 0.8 fron niceice.com. The answer is YES (if it is a good online dealer). A sure bet for getting the best product, and not getting ripped off.

You may also want the depth percent to be less than 61.0 and the table size less than 58 or 57.5%. Some AGS000 sizes are beyond this, and some great HCA-scoring stones are also. But since some people say to not get over those specs, I decided to also make it a requirement. But in reality it is too simplistic and you can probably trust AGS and HCA more than this hard-and-fast rule.

Now, you can decide if you want to save money by doing certain things:

1. Getting an AGS cut 1 or 2 but that has a great HCA score might result in a great cut at a lower price.

2. Buying short on carat size, like getting a .9 carat stone with a spread (width) in mm that is as large as some heavier stones.

I decided that for an e-ring I was going to get exactly the weight I wanted, and the fancy certificate -- so I got a 1.02 ct D-VS1/AGS000. But I am SURE an F-VS2 would look just as good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results