shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying diamonds on Ebay- Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

saxoxo

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I was just wondering if any of you have bought any diamonds on EBay?
I was especially wondering about Jewelry47. They have all kinds of stuff on there with great prices and they have great feed back as well. How can they offer such good prices?
Example: Radiant
8.36x6.57x4.31
depth 65.6
table 63.9
girdle medium
polish excellent
symmetry excellent
clarity SI2
color g

in a platinum setting with 2 baguette cut diamonds 0.30ct. for $9700.
I think this is a good price. Am I wrong???

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I checked couple of diamonds from this seller. He says certificate will be included but it is unclear what sort of certificate.

I would exercise the same caution when buying online: contact the seller and ask more questions about the diamond, grading report, return policy, money back period, etc. Verify your diamond with independent appraiser within money back period.

Madeline Bachman

Rough_Rock
Beware! Have you ever heard the saying that if something seems too good to be true, it may not be true?

A homemade certificate can say anything one wants it to say. Before buying from this dealer, ALWAYS ALWAYS have an independent appraisal that will tell you if the jewelry you want to purchase is, in fact, everything the dealer claims that it is.
----------------
On 7/17/2002 4:39:36 PM

Hi All,

I was just wondering if any of you have bought any diamonds on EBay?

I was especially wondering about Jewelry47. They have all kinds of stuff on there with great prices and they have great feed back as well. How can they offer such good prices?

Example: Radiant

8.36x6.57x4.31

depth 65.6

table 63.9

girdle medium

polish excellent

symmetry excellent

clarity SI2

color g

in a platinum setting with 2 baguette cut diamonds 0.30ct. for $9700.

I think this is a good price. Am I wrong???
----------------
:((

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I am extremely comfortable w/ EBAY both buying & selling.....EXCEPT a diamond. I looked for a few weeks at the stones offered. For the most part (unless you luck into someone trying to sell one stone themselves), the quality is extremely low....and the descriptions VERY nebulous.

If the quality is good, then usually the auction is just a way of alerting people to the particular's vendors website. Not bad - just a marketing ploy.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
F&I, your observations are very precise!

Glad to have you around :)

Madeline Bachman

Rough_Rock
I was merely quoting Saxoxo at the end of my comments. My comments are above it.

Basically what I'm saying is that one can offer what appears to be a verry good price if one is creting his or her own certificates. You can write anything you want on a homemade certificate. it means nothing. Only a GIA certificate from GIA means something, not a homemade one. That's why you have to be very careful and make sure you know what kind of certificate it is. ALWAYS have an independent appraisal before buying from this dealer.

:((

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results