shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying diamond stud earrings for last minute Christmas...

mikekemp711

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone.

Does anyone have any advice on sites / vendors where I could get a pair of diamond stud earrings for around $1500 as a last minute Christmas gift? I've decided last minute to try and find a pair for my girlfriend after another gift idea fell through. I've been reading this site for a while since I'm looking to buy an engagement ring soon so I thought I'd ask the experts.

I would have ideally liked to buy the diamonds as a pair and then had them mounted in a setting using one of the well known vendors discussed on PS like BG, WF, etc. etc. but the turnaround time on that seems to be well beyond Christmas for all that I've checked.

I would like to have a platinum or white gold setting with round or princess cut stones.

Are there any vendors that have nice sets that are already mounted? Any examples that someone could point me to?

Edit: Just noticed WF might have what I'm looking for....not sure how I missed that!

Thanks for the help!

-Mike

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Buying diamond stud earrings for last minute Christmas..

Hi mikekemp :)

Be aware, Blue Nile and WF's stones in pre-set earrings may not be of the same quality. That said, however, BN's pre-set earrings in platinum use H VS2 stones, and are very nice. You could get *these* in time for Christmas:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-earrings-platinum_49979?track=po

Also - they're $1900, but BN is having a 15% off sale, meaning you'd pay $1615 for 3/4 of a carat of nice stones in platinum studs. I'd call that a win. It's a little over your budget, but it's a very, very nice gift.

Good luck!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The only negative about pre-set studs is that you can't upgrade them later. However, I think you probably would have success reselling WF preset studs by listing on loupetroop and then posting here on pre-loved if you ever decide to get her a larger pair. The one thing about WF is that I am pretty sure that they only use excellent cut stones for their preset studs (please verify that with them if you call), and I am not sure you'll know much about cut quality anywhere else.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/4-prong-basket-diamond-earrings-555.htm

mikekemp711

Rough_Rock

Thanks everyone!

After some consideration, I bought a pair from the JA link above. I think we'll both be pleased with them. I'm excited to give them to her!

Again thanks for the help. This is such a great community you have here. :clap: :clap: :clap:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sure she'll be thrilled!!! Glad you found what you were after!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results