shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying diamond in Boston

rhoda123

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I am looking to buy a loose diamond in Boston. I wondered if anyone knows of a reliable local jeweler in that area that would offer prices comparable to James Allen, Eternity Diamond... When I called JA & ED, they seem to have a store in New York. It would be very nice if I could find an online jeweler which has their store in Boston. Your kind advice would be greatly appreciated!

Yours sincerely,
Rhoda

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
There aren't any really.

Try Ohanian & Sons in the Jewelers Bldg on Washington Street.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you search for posts by sna77, he is from Boston but bought diamonds through WhiteFlash and ID Jewelry. He recently saw one stone in Boston that was potentially good, but other jewelers had it listed for several thousand dollars less. You will do better by listing your preferences and budget here and letting people suggest stones for you from reliable sources.

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

E.B. Horn is very well-respected. It's a family jewellers that has been around since 1839. I have had good experiences there. They made a rose gold scatter ring for me, and it was perfect, with thick, weighty gold and a higher ctw than anywhere else...I called in quotes from WF, BGD, Blue Nile, I looked everywhere online - and E.B. Horn's quote beat the lot by miles - beat the online vendors, hands down!

www.ebhorn.com..

Also, Long's is a premier Boston jeweller. However, you will pay through the nose at Long's. www.longsjewelers.com..

rhoda123

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for all your recommendation. I will definitely try E.B. Horn first. Have sent them an email and will update the process as it goes along! Hopefully I will get a competitive quote as well!

If this does not go through, based on your experience, how would you rank the various online jewelers, e.g. JA, eternity diamond, b2c diamond, ID jewelry? They all seem to be offering similar products...

So far I have heard that Yoni from Eternity Diamond is quite helpful and reliable. Do we have more comments on the other ones?

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
My online experiences: I have found stunning diamonds at wonderful prices from James Allen and Blue Nile. The best value diamond was from JA, but the best in terms of the experience, value, and reassurance is with Blue Nile. You really feel that they will do anything for you. My JA diamond beats the lot - it's a .52, D colour, triple 000 AGS cut, and cost only $1,050. It's an SI2 but the inclusions are white and I can't even see them with a x30 loop. It was an amazing price. However, the customer experience was disappointing. I was paying with a UK bank account, and they asked me to provide scans of my ID card and my credit card, front and back - a total pain as I didn't have a scanner - and they messed up the setting (a pendant.) In the end I had it set locally. However, it's an amazing diamond at an unbeatable price! With Blue Nile, my Signature stud diamonds are just as amazing as the JA one, but the price was probably higher. However, BN's customer service is unbeatable, in my experience - and I buy a lot from them. They are never snarky, they never get it wrong, they answer the phone immediately, they are unfailingly courteous and patient...I really can't speak highly enough of BN, although you'll probably get a cheaper diamond at JA. Swings and roundabouts...

I have attempted to buy from Whiteflash and Brian Gavin Diamonds on numerous occasions but have been foiled at every fence. The quotes have been twice as much for items of same quality elsewhere, or they don't work in the rose gold that I wanted for instance...and also, one of them flat out told me I could not have 0.02 diamonds in my scatter ring, only 0.01. Everyone on Pricescope speaks so highly of WF and BGD, but I can't see the attraction myself...maybe I expect too much.

Bottom line: in my experience, if you want a truly high-class online vendor, go to Blue Nile. They have a professionalism about them that the other three I've dealt with just don't have.

brs1804

Rough_Rock
I worked with Jennifer at the Long's Jeweler in Burlington, she was very nice and helpful, but I just didn't get a good vibe from the rest of the people I came in contact with.

I ended up going with JamesAllen.com and am very happy with my decision.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results