shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying clarity enhanced diamonds? yakiradiamonds or fireinicediamonds or secretdiamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lucychicken

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Yesterday I was looking to buy pink(color treated) diamond earrings, and now want to update my diamond solitaire as well for a bigger one.
I read about clarity enhanced diamonds and could only find these 3 options.
Anyone buy from those companies and have feedback? Yakiradiamonds, secretdiamonds, fireinicediamonds??
I found Yehuda and Oved, but they dont sell direct.

Are there any other diamond dealer websites I am missing?
Please let me know
Thanks in advance,
Lucy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2009 5:22:09 PM
Author:Lucychicken
Hi,
Yesterday I was looking to buy pink(color treated) diamond earrings, and now want to update my diamond solitaire as well for a bigger one.
I read about clarity enhanced diamonds and could only find these 3 options.
Anyone buy from those companies and have feedback? Yakiradiamonds, secretdiamonds, fireinicediamonds??
I found Yehuda and Oved, but they dont sell direct.

Are there any other diamond dealer websites I am missing?
Please let me know
Thanks in advance,
Lucy
Yehuda is probably the best known, you have to contact a Yehuda jeweller and have a diamond called in to them for viewing. Are you sure you want a CE diamond? Yehuda are fracture filled, they have a process where they fill feathers with a treatment, similar to filling a crack in a windscreen, what this does is make the feather less visible by redirecting the light path. The treatments are guaranteed, should the filling leak out Yehuda will redo it free for life. You have to be careful to warn any jeweller working on your ring that you have a CE diamond as blowtorches and acid based cleaners can damage the filling as can ammonia based cleaners. I do believe there is a place for these but for important rings I would really think hard about whether you would be happy with one. Their resale value is apparently next to non existent also, if you want a larger diamond if you give us your budget and requirements and are open to buying online, we might be able to find some diamonds which are non treated you could be very happy with?

This page explains further about CE diamonds.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/4Cs/Clarity/ClarityEnhancedDiamonds/

abefroman

Rough_Rock
CE means cracked or significantly defected and then repaired, correct?

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/23/2009 7:50:33 PM
Author: abefroman
CE means cracked or significantly defected and then repaired, correct?

CE = Clarity Enhanced, which often means that the diamond has been laser drilled to expose / reduce the size of the inclusion and then the void is filled. While Clarity "Enhanced" rolls off the tongue better, the correct term is actually Fracture Filled. I''m personally not a big fan of CE diamonds, but if I were to buy one it would be from Yehuda based on personal experience with their lifetime guarantee - when they first introduced the fracture filled diamonds to the market, we ordered one to figure out what they were all about and intentionally lit one up with a torch to see what it would like like "if the treatment failed" and oh yea, it was ugly! But the cool thing is that we sent it back to Yehuda with a note that said "oops!
6.gif
" and they took it back and said little more than "you want to keep the torch under 1400 when making repairs"... Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results