shape
carat
color
clarity

buying advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kizor

Rough_Rock
hi everyone. i am considering an ideal princess cut diamond and not sure if i should consider a lesser cut. according to my research, 64-75 depth and 59-72 table is ideal for pr cut. Well, i am finding these ranges on ideal and very good cuts with the only difference being excellent polish and symetry vs. good polish and sym. how important r polish and symetry? r my ideal dimentions correct? Here r the stats on one of the diamonds i am looking at. Listed at 6230 on blue nile. Is that a fair price? I greatly appreciate any help w/ these questions.

Carat weight: 1.02
Cut: Signature Princess
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 67.9%
Table %: 71%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Medium to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.64x5.55x3.77 mm
Crown height: 8.8%
Length/width ratio: 1.02

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Bump to get the post back up where folk that know princess cuts might see it.
2.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
your depth and table specs are right for a princess...
Do you want it to be square or rectangular??

For square - the L-W should be .95-1.05
For rectangular it should be 1.5-1.75

Good luck with your search!
wavey.gif

Egon

Rough_Rock
Probably not a bad price compared to a traditional B+M. From what I have
seen, Blue Nile is slightly higher than you might find from other 'net
vendors.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Princess cuts, like most fancy shapes, are difficult to judge by the numbers. The stone you've listed technically looks pretty good, falling in the AGA 1B premium cut category.

There's more info on this subject if you do a little searching. A good place to start is the thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/desirable-princess-cut-table-depth.4987/

where Barry and Rhino (two princess cut mavens) are talking about what they like in a princess cut.

An IdealScope is a handy tool in evaluating princess cuts. It gives you a quick visual assessment of the light return performance. Use the numbers to arrive at some good candidates, and then weed out the poor performers using the IdealScope. A good combination. Some vendors will save you the trouble, having already posted IdealScope images of the particular stones on their sites. This is particularly helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results